Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PUSH PULL LEGS routine

NOLOGY77

Hello there. I am into Push/Pull/Legs routine wanted to get away for sometime from 5x5. i am doing:

Monday- PUSH
Barbell Bench Press
Incline Dumbell Press
Alternate between Decline Press/ Pec Deck machine
Press Behind the Neck shoulders
OHP shoulders
Dips
Triceps push down

Wednesday-PULL
Deadlift
Barbell Row
Pull ups
Alternate Seated rows/One handed dumbell row
Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls
Shrugs

Friday LEGS
Squat
Alternate lunges/ Press Machine
Leg Extension
Stiff legged deadlift
Leg Curls
calf raises

Major exercises 5x5 accessories 12-10-8. Can you please critique my routine?

Very similar to what I was doing for the past few weeks.
Keep your heavy compounds at 4 x 6
and your isolations at 2 x 8

I would drop the pec dec and one arm rows, if other exercises are done with enough intensity it should be more than enough.

IcE

A couple things. This is a LOT of volume, and I really doubt it is as beneficial as you might think. Please please please take out those leg extensions. Pull day (assuming you're using some decent intensity) is going to murder your biceps before you get to preacher curls--they'll be a pretty big waste of time. Also, I don't know what you might think the advantage of behind-the-neck anything is, but I'm fairly sure it's terrible for your shoulders so that might not be the greatest idea either.

edit: oh, and routine critiquing would be a lot easier if you mentioned some goals

Hello there. I am into Push/Pull/Legs routine wanted to get away for sometime from 5x5. i am doing:

Monday- PUSH
Barbell Bench Press
Incline Dumbell Press
Alternate between Decline Press/ Pec Deck machine
Press Behind the Neck shoulders
OHP shoulders
Dips
Triceps push down

Wednesday-PULL
Deadlift
Barbell Row
Pull ups
Alternate Seated rows/One handed dumbell row
Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls
Shrugs

Friday LEGS
Squat
Alternate lunges/ Press Machine
Leg Extension
Stiff legged deadlift
Leg Curls
calf raises

Major exercises 5x5 accessories 12-10-8. Can you please critique my routine?

deadlift should be on leg days.. i would alternate squat/deads per split. dont do both same split.

your splits and routine are very close to mine to a tee. i dunno if you've been following my posts or what but you stick with this and bust your ass and you will have excellent results .. i've been able to take my training to another level since instituting this split at the start of the year

A couple things. This is a LOT of volume, and I really doubt it is as beneficial as you might think. Please please please take out those leg extensions. Pull day (assuming you're using some decent intensity) is going to murder your biceps before you get to preacher curls--they'll be a pretty big waste of time.

i disagree. the whole point of doing a split like this is you give your muscle group a chance to recover for 4 days before you hit them again. so when you do run your particular split you should definately aim to rip up the muscle fibers then the next day you work another group while that group you ripped up recovers. yes lets murder the biceps and upper back as they will have 4 days to recover!!! if you are well conditioned this won't be a problem at all. i feel some very minor soreness the next day and then i am fine typically. so 4 days is ample

push/pull/legs split is becoming the standard in bodybuilding today because it works and it is simple to do rather then the outdated circuit training model that i see many guys still do. let the women do the circuit training to tone, males should stick with high volume/high intensity split training.

i disagree. the whole point of doing a split like this is you give your muscle group a chance to recover for 4 days before you hit them again. so when you do run your particular split you should definately aim to rip up the muscle fibers then the next day you work another group while that group you ripped up recovers. yes lets murder the biceps and upper back as they will have 4 days to recover!!! if you are well conditioned this won't be a problem at all. i feel some very minor soreness the next day and then i am fine typically. so 4 days is ample

push/pull/legs split is becoming the standard in bodybuilding today because it works and it is simple to do rather then the outdated circuit training model that i see many guys still do. let the women do the circuit training to tone, males should stick with high volume/high intensity split training.

That's exactly what happens with me, I do this every other day.
My strength gains have also been phenomenal because of this split.

I was wondering, steve, if having a push / pull workout and doing it every 48 hours would work well?

I mean something like this,
Push day

Pull day

What dya reckon??

IcE

^^^ i would dedicate an entire split to legs...

i have been known to do back to back push, pull, or legs on occasion. its a great way to fool the muscles into growing. our old friend Ross even suggested doing the same split 3 straight days in a row, that would be crazy and only for very advanced lifters though.

Thanks for everyone advise. sSteve i havent followed your posts but i dont have a problem doing so hehe you sound you know the thing so dont have a problem with that. As for the volume i agree is not much cause just think that i hit chest once every week so it has plenty of time to recover lets say and also i am with the school old thought of NO PAIN NO GAIN. If it was everything ready and easy then we would have sit home and gert big. its not bad t push yourselve sometime and see your limits. maybe its a lot i dont disagree but i prefer let me body tell me this and realise it.

Thanks everyone very helpful forum

Top Bottom