Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Push/Pull/Legs

teacherman

[FONT=&quot]Hi, new member here. Just wondering if my program could be critiqued. Im 21 and natural trainer.......trying to go for like a fitness model look lean and athletic.... thanks in advance
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Week 1:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Monday-Push [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Incline Dumbbell Press-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Chest Dip-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Flat Dumbbell Press-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Cable side lateral raises-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Dumbbell front raises-2x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Triceps Push Down-2x10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tuesday-Pull[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Wide grip pull ups-4x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Seated Row-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]One arm row-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Rear Delt fly-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Incline Dumbbell Bicep Curl-2x10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wednesday-Rest[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thursday-Legs[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Squats-4x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Lunges-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Hamstring curls-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Standing Calf Squat-3x15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday-Rest[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday-Push[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Cable Crossovers-2x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Triceps Dips-2x10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sunday-Pull[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Wide grip lat pulldown-3x10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Week 2-[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Monday-Off[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tuesday-Legs[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Deadlifts-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Dumbbell step ups-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Leg extension-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Standing calf squats-3x10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wednesday-Off[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thursday-Push[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Chest Dip-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Triceps Push Down-2x10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday-Pull[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Wide grip pull ups-4x10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday-Legs[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Squats-4x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Lunges-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Hamstring curls-3x10[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Standing Calf Squat-3x15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sunday-Off[/FONT]

Bro this looks like you'll just maintain your mass with that set and rep range, diet is gonna be key to achieving the look you want. Personally though I'd like to see you ditch the leg extensions, they'll only fcuk up your knees, swap in front squats instead, much better for your knees. I'd also cut out those fruity cable exercises and isolation movements and use barbells instead of dumbells. But that's just me, I don't like isolation or cables...

Hey man I thought that was hypertrophy range? Do you suggest 4-6 range for at least half the program? I use dumbells for greater range of motion that's all. My diet is in check that I'm pretty sure of. Cheers for the reply!

Hey man I thought that was hypertrophy range? Do you suggest 4-6 range for at least half the program? I use dumbells for greater range of motion that's all. My diet is in check that I'm pretty sure of. Cheers for the reply!

Yeah 4-6 is better for strength and mass. You can go heavier if your rep range is lower. Barbells will allow you to use heavier weights which will add to strength and mass. I'd also like to see you increase the number of sets per exercise, you could do half the exercises if you just added some more sets. With just 3 as soon as you're getting into one exercise it's time to move on to another and it's hard to improve in all areas at the same time.

Here's a good thread on push, pull, legs. It ought to help you refine your routine. http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...ng/push-pull-legs-routine-outline-819993.html

as long as you are ripping up your muscle fibers you are succeeding.

now if you go out there and do 5 pounds 10X and don't feel a burn or pump you are wasting your time. make sure you get a nice pump and burn and approach failure each set.

that workout is a lot of volume but I like its premise. just make sure you like Cols said your diet is on point.. should get some nice results.. also if you read my 3 day split in my signature I talk about changing things up .. don't go in there and do the same exact workout everytime.. mix things up. which you seem to do in your routine so I give it thumbs up

So I'll gain more muscle on a 5-6 rep range I'll take a look at that thread....my diet is really clean and is in a 500 caloric surplus normally so that's the key to not turning into a power lifter shape hey haha!! So I'll drop the isolation stuff until I gain some mass hey?

Ok bro you've had some slightly conflicting advice here. Steve's more experienced and knowledgable than myself so I'm not gonna contradict what he's said.

Basically what he's saying is as long as you're approaching failure at the end of your set, ie the last couple of reps really kill to complete, the rep range isn't so important, for myself I've found heavy weight low reps work well for strength and size. He's also saying that not doing exactly the same workout, like you do, is good for keeping the muscles from adapting, the better they adapt the less they'll grow.

I said I didn't like the cables and isolation exercises, mainly because cables don't feel "right" to me and isolation doesn't really build mass, it's better for shaping... For your goal I feel build up the muscle you'll need then chip away at the inessential bits like a sculptor carving a statue..

Yeah I will drop the isolation exercises and shape later... Also I'll play around with the rep ranges to see what works

Top Bottom