Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

push-presses are beating the hell out my knee tendons, time for knee wraps?

40butpumpin

they're not gonna last and i love the exercise. should i just nix the exercise or is it worth it to use knee wraps?

I totally agree!! I love the exercise, but my left patella tendon has taken a beating and has been sore for 3 weeks.

I just got back from the chiropractor 15 minutes ago, and I purchases a new knee brace that takes the stress off of the patella tendon.

The idea is to promote healing.

I am going back to regular seated barbell presses. . . no sense in me breaking down my body when its not necessary.

louden_swain said:
I totally agree!! I love the exercise, but my left patella tendon has taken a beating and has been sore for 3 weeks.

I just got back from the chiropractor 15 minutes ago, and I purchases a new knee brace that takes the stress off of the patella tendon.

The idea is to promote healing.

I am going back to regular seated barbell presses. . . no sense in me breaking down my body when its not necessary.

yes, the patella's are what's killing me alright, in both legs. and i was only using 185 :(. well, i like standing so maybe i'll just go a little lighter and do reg. presses, no pushing. you're right, if one snaps, i sure won't be having any fun moving any iron in rehab! :)

nice sig man!

i would say, if this is hurting you there, chances are you arent treating the 1/4 squat portion as a squat. the hips still travel back slightly. most people that i see do them, bend at the knees only with their torso erect. basically you are doing a mini front squat, and that requires hip action not so much quad action.

possibly alternate strict presses and push presses. also could add in rack lockouts to keep the lockout strong and used to heavy weights while letting knee feel better??? just suggestions.

bignate73 said:
i would say, if this is hurting you there, chances are you arent treating the 1/4 squat portion as a squat. the hips still travel back slightly. most people that i see do them, bend at the knees only with their torso erect. basically you are doing a mini front squat, and that requires hip action not so much quad action.

Yes this is what most people do.

Dont know if this is new info or not,but make sure to warm your knees before doing these.I do alot of different movements to warm my knee area up before almost every work out,and also wear knee sleeves while doing push presses and jerks

warup your kness and I work front squats a lot. Also if you can try not to forcefully lock your knees just styart the motion and then lock out with the arms and let the legs be a little lax.

i agree w/ ofwolfand man.

i need to start warming up my knees, thats a good idea.

but i wear my knee sleaves when i do them.

X

Top Bottom