Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Punching Bag Options

KWKSLVR

Well, here's the dealio. I've recently graduated college and I still have no job (money is tight). My ability to work out is limited to the streets to jog on and my bowflex (hey, I like it ;) ). Anyway, I'd LOVE to start hitting a bag again.

Bags are cheap. I'm seeing them on E-Bay for around $25 and you fill them yourself. That works for me. The problem is hanging the stupid thing. I've got to find a cheap way to do it. The problem is that I'm still living in the trailer that I've lived in all through college and I'm doubtful the ceiling could hold something that heavy.

Does anyone have any cheap alternatives I could try? Those stands cost a fortune (at least when your broke) and I can't think of anything else that will work.

Thats waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much money. I want to try to get something set up for penny's compared to that thing (although extremely cool).

I thinking more along the lines of making a stand out of something like this from Sams Club. I have 2 of them and each shelf can hold 600lbs. I'm debating getting one and just adding on a top shelf (maybe one at the very bottom for stability with no wheels) and setting the bag up from the top shelf. I'm trying to figure out if it would balance right though.

I've got to be innovative :p. Here's a link to the whole thing w/ description. http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_...BV_EngineID=cccladcjiddglmlcfkfcfkjdgoodflh.0

1) Find a tree
2) Get a few pillows, or something that you can hit without breaking your arm.
3) Attach the pillows to the tree with some belts or straps
4) Beat the shit out of it.

Well... you could get one of those bags that have the built in stand that you fill with water. I know they aren't the same as a heavy bag but until you get outta the trailer it might be a good alternative.

Or you could get a speed bag instead of the heavy bag.

hb

Top Bottom