Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Punching?

MoobzSuck

I just got a punching bag, and i love punching lol. But I was wondering if "boxing" and constantly punching a punching bag could be cardio? Should i include this in my routine?
:) :artist:

If you're getting after it pretty intensely then it's definitely cardio. If you want to prove this, take your pulse after about 5 minutes of pounding and you'll see. I was working a bag and jumping rope for 2 years but stopped because I coudn't put any mass on.

not to mention all the movement. if you're moving well, pretending you're fighting and being defensive, you'll be really winded. the extra step is breathing only through your nose. in a real sparring session you'd have a mouthpiece in and your jaw tight so you don't get hurt. it's suprising how big a difference breathing through your nose is.

dce2956 said:
not to mention all the movement. if you're moving well, pretending you're fighting and being defensive, you'll be really winded. the extra step is breathing only through your nose. in a real sparring session you'd have a mouthpiece in and your jaw tight so you don't get hurt. it's suprising how big a difference breathing through your nose is.
So it's better to breathe through your nose? Does this apply to lifting weights as well?

MoobzSuck said:
So it's better to breathe through your nose? Does this apply to lifting weights as well?

I think he was saying that you would be more winded if you simulated an actual fight by breathing only through your nose.

breathing through your nose isn't better, its actually worse. you get less air when you breathe through your nose, but because of the mouthpiece you would wear while fighting, it's kind of a necessity. definately don't breathe through your nose while lifting. think of it as how you have to hold your breath while swimming. not really natural, but necessary, and quite hard.

dce2956 said:
breathing through your nose isn't better, its actually worse. you get less air when you breathe through your nose, but because of the mouthpiece you would wear while fighting, it's kind of a necessity. definately don't breathe through your nose while lifting. think of it as how you have to hold your breath while swimming. not really natural, but necessary, and quite hard.
o ok makes sense.

1999TL said:
HUH? Breathe through the nose and out the mouth.

You should do a combo if you are training to box, in thru your nose out the mouth when punching-if u think about a boxer when he punches they make a whiff sound- coming of thier mouth, unless they have horse nostrils. Otherwise 90% of your breathing is done thru your nose- in and out.
If u are not trying to take boxing seriously breathe how your comfortable.

Top Bottom