Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PUlled my hamstring badly; need some advice please.

Nobledude

I was doing leg curls using more weight than I usually do when suddenly I heard a pop....It hurts! I dont think a tore a muscle but it really hurts. I used some bengay. ANy tips for a speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated. How long does usually take to heal?
TX

I would use the rice method rest ice compress elevate,I would ice no more than 20min at a time, I would not use heat. hope this helps

superman40229 said:
I would use the rice method rest ice compress elevate,I would ice no more than 20min at a time, I would not use heat. hope this helps
I may try to alternate heat with ice. what do you think? How often should I use ice?

Nobledude said:
I was doing leg curls using more weight than I usually do when suddenly I heard a pop....It hurts! I dont think a tore a muscle but it really hurts. I used some bengay. ANy tips for a speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated. How long does usually take to heal?
TX

If I heard any type of POP-I would get to the emergency room-fast, whether I felt pain or not. The advice I get in dancing all the time-and very hard to follow is-DON'T DO EXERCISES (MOVES) THAT USES THAT MUSCLE. That is the quickest way to heal an injury. Many times though, I just got used to the pain before it healed. For example, I did my splits and high kicks and my leaps with the pain.

I tore my left hamstring a few years ago, heard and felt a pop. Literally felt like someone hit me in the back of the leg as hard as they possibly could with a baseball bat. I could not bend my leg for several day. It happened on a Sunday, by Wednesday morning my entire leg was black, from glute to calf.

Keep it elevated, take ibuprofen (I like naproxen), use ice as needed, and don’t be afraid to put some warm creams on it when needed. You want the blood to circulate to help to heal it. I fell in love with a liquid muscle ointment called ThermaFlex that I got at a local feed supply store. Go to Google and search it, really good stuff, especially for muscles like that.

Do not stretch. Keep it comfortable and relax. If it changes color, it is torn. I do believe that a doctor will only operate if it is has been torn for less than 10 days though, could be wrong. I’ve heard that about pec injuries.

Start slowly. I started trying to walk up stairs, up the three steps into my house.

Ten days out from injury I was doing high box squats, leg lightly wrapped (top to bottom), and got stuck on the box with my body weight. 8 weeks later (against Dr. advice) I competed at one of the heavies shows in the country. Do what you can, when you can, and ONLY when you can.

b fold the truth said:
I tore my left hamstring a few years ago, heard and felt a pop. Literally felt like someone hit me in the back of the leg as hard as they possibly could with a baseball bat. I could not bend my leg for several day. It happened on a Sunday, by Wednesday morning my entire leg was black, from glute to calf.

Keep it elevated, take ibuprofen (I like naproxen), use ice as needed, and don’t be afraid to put some warm creams on it when needed. You want the blood to circulate to help to heal it. I fell in love with a liquid muscle ointment called ThermaFlex that I got at a local feed supply store. Go to Google and search it, really good stuff, especially for muscles like that.

Do not stretch. Keep it comfortable and relax. If it changes color, it is torn. I do believe that a doctor will only operate if it is has been torn for less than 10 days though, could be wrong. I’ve heard that about pec injuries.

Start slowly. I started trying to walk up stairs, up the three steps into my house.

Ten days out from injury I was doing high box squats, leg lightly wrapped (top to bottom), and got stuck on the box with my body weight. 8 weeks later (against Dr. advice) I competed at one of the heavies shows in the country. Do what you can, when you can, and ONLY when you can.
Mine doesnt seem to be too bad. I can walk but I cannot walk very fast or run. I dont think is torn. WHy is it bad to strech it ?

b fold the truth said:
I do believe that a doctor will only operate if it is has been torn for less than 10 days though, could be wrong. I’ve heard that about pec injuries.

Following the medical advice (surgery) is optional. I would go get X-Rays, and any other tests that are facts, not opinions, to rule out any possibility of a bone injury. As far as what to do, I would do my own research without any pressure before I took any strong medical advice such as surgery

Dance Princess said:
b fold the truth said:
I do believe that a doctor will only operate if it is has been torn for less than 10 days though, could be wrong. I’ve heard that about pec injuries.

Following the medical advice (surgery) is optional. I would go get X-Rays, and any other tests that are facts, not opinions, to rule out any possibility of a bone injury. As far as what to do, I would do my own research without any pressure before I took any strong medical advice such as surgery
Ho would I know if it is torn? I can walk but I cant run...

Nobledude said:
Ho would I know if it is torn? I can walk but I cant run...

About the following medical advice is optional-that was my (dance princess) posts, and the other not to stretch was the other persons post. I do not know how to hi-light it in that shaded box. The difference of the two posts is the other person has actually had an injury close to what you are saying-I was just passing along things that were told to me when i got a much less serious injury in dancing. Hearing a pop-sounds serious, to me.

But as for as how do you know if it is torn-that is one of the reasons I would go get tests done-TO KNOW FOR SURE-AND YOU CAN TREAT IT ACCORDINGLY AND CORRECTLY. Also should any thing else occur in the future, it would be much easier to diagnose and again getting the appropriate treatment. X-rays also eliminates what IS NOT just as much as determing what is. Late last year, and earlier this year, I was in severe pain with my wisdom teeth. I had already been to the dentists for several visits. One evening, right before they were closing-I went in crying cause i was in so much pain. They took another X-ray-finally the dentists LOOKED AT IT, and then he told me I had a wisdom tooth laying on top of a nerve. Before this, I went in as an emergency-again crying-another dentists in the same office kept asking me where is the pain coming from-and they had a full set of x-rays-but just did not bother to look at them. I thought I was making accurate guesses as to where and why I was in pain. I would have never guessed what it was. Everyone else too, was telling me what it was-and their guesses were way off. So Xrays can properly diagnose a problem as an alternative to guessing. It is also a possibility that injury was going to happen anyway-without you lifting.

Usually if I am injured, which has only been very mild-I will stretch the opposite muscle. Like if I had what you had, I would stretch my quads.

Top Bottom