Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pull-up and variations mistakes

renemongeau

I do one Muscles Up and my two elbows are on the top of my bar. What can I do to correct the problem? Do I risk injury in this way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not gonna watch any videos but one tip I can give you is to use resistant band to make it easier to lift your body.

You can wrap the band around your foot for instance.

Never really messed around with muscle ups, but they do look fun.

I have no problem to lift my body. I do 40 pull-ups after 40 Dips each days and could do easily 80 pull-ups if I move faster without a complete extension but I do 1 seconds to lift up and 2 seconds to lift down. I push air when I lift up and omoplate closer. I use the same way with dumbbells.

I am not gonna watch any videos but one tip I can give you is to use resistant band to make it easier to lift your body.

You can wrap the band around your foot for instance.

Some gyms have a pulls up fitness machine. This is similar to the Power Tower with a pad under the knees which one pushes you up. I think it is much better. My problem is with a strict muscle-up between the Pull-up and Dip. I do a transition but my elbows touch the bar.

I don't understand how are you performing the exercises if your elbows hit the bar? Makes no sense.

When you pull yourself up you should have at least some backward lean if you do that "kipping" thing.

Top Bottom