Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pull/Push/Legs Advice Needed!

Waaky

*using my friends account*

Hello everyone, just wanting to ask a couple questions after researching on bodybuilding and using this throughout my whole training time. I'm thinking of starting the Push Pull Legs exercise, as I've always been training 5-6 Days a week splitting each muscle during them days. But I've been reading and watching videos on how it is not really good for me as my goal is to try and bulk and when am always at the gym I do Compound Movements/ Isolations and on shoulders I superset. But I've been noticing that I ain't growing much anymore, so I'm thinking of doing 4 day split maybe? So my body can rest and on them rest days I can eat eat & eat. Here's what I've got down so far for my workout plan, before I start I'm 23 in August, been training for almost 2 Years, started of at 8stones 4lbs being an ectomorph and being skinny all my life, I am now actually weighing 11 stones 13lbs, from 9% bf to 16% bf. As far as I know my diet plan is well for me, these are roughly what I intake. 3500-4000kcals, 180-220g protein, 350-400g of Carbs. Main foods daily are Oats, White Rice, Around 10 Egg White Daily, 1/2 Pound Chicken Breast Grilled, And sometimes Grilled Fish replacing chicken some days. I eat a lot more but these are my mains.

Monday - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
(Flat Barbell, Incline Barbell, Dips, Military Press, Arnold's, Tricep KB's)
Tuesday - Back, Traps, Biceps
(T Bar Row, Barbell Row, Deadlifts, Barbell Shrugs, Bicep Curls, Hammers)
Thursday - Legs
(Squats, Leg Press, Hamstrings, Calves)
Saturday - Repeat

Upper - 3 Sets of 6-8 Reps
Legs - 4 Sets of 12-18 Reps

Any input please would be great, and please don't flame I'm just wanting advice and help from you guys. Thanks!

Looks pretty good to me, bro. The only things I'd recommend are; increase the sets and decrease the reps on your leg day. You're currently only doing 12 total sets on leg day and half of them are with isolation exercises (hams and calves) I'd suggest adding and extra set or two to squats and maybe leg press. I'd also go heavier on your squats, if you're managing 12-18 reps you're not going heavy enough. If you want to bulk, then heavy squats will do you a works of good. I suggest 5 sets of 5-7 reps. This isn't set in stone, of course, I don't believe there's a specific number of sets you ought to do but any weight you can squat 8+ times is too light for growth IMO. The other thing I'd alter would be to ditch one of your biceps exercises and add in pull ups on your back day. I'm not a fan of isolation movements and pull ups will build big biceps as well as add thickness to your upper back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom