Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein intake for muscle growth.

jorgob199

Okay so this has been bothering me for a while... I have looked up how much protein I need to consume each day and it is about 150 g. However I also know that your body can only absorb about 25 g at one time so does this mean I have to eat some source of protein 6 times a day to reach my goal?

Skickat från min FRD-L19 via Tapatalk

the whole you must eat X amount of protein is straight up bullshit. it used to be you need 3X your weight in pounds, then it went down to 2X, now you hear 1-1.5X. in all honesty i get MAYBE 1X a day at most. and I eat eggs, fish and chicken daily.

my point is unless you live in a very poor country where food is scarce you already get plenty of protein with our western diets.

it is sleep and veggies that we need more of.

Okay so this has been bothering me for a while... I have looked up how much protein I need to consume each day and it is about 150 g. However I also know that your body can only absorb about 25 g at one time so does this mean I have to eat some source of protein 6 times a day to reach my goal?

You don't know that cos it isn't true

You don't know that cos it isn't true
Uhm yeah you are right, actually looked it up. Whenever you eat large amounts of protein your body sends out a hormone that makes so that the body takes longer to digest it. Well I will leave this post up if anyone else wonders the same thing.

Your body absorbs everything you eat. If you eat a very large amount of protein in one sitting, some of that protein will simply be converted to glucose via a process called glucoaminogenesis.

Shoot for 1-1.5 of protein per pound of body weight. If you are a 150g guy, that would be around 25-40g protein per meal if you eat 6 meals per day.

Uhm yeah you are right, actually looked it up. Whenever you eat large amounts of protein your body sends out a hormone that makes so that the body takes longer to digest it. Well I will leave this post up if anyone else wonders the same thing.

Even the more sensible science is a bit of a mess. I've replied elsewhere regarding how our primitive behaviors and diet makes the whole (anywhere between) 19-25g of protein absorb able thing a bunch of BS.

One consideration I'll address here is the issue of creating an actual requirement. One quick look suggests: ''56 grams per day for the average sedentary man''

I've seen various sources which included the poor and starving sods needing X amount just to survive. The above figure is for an office worker sitting on their butts.

Then we get into a teenager just starting out in a gym and weighing 140 or so pounds vs a much older and much heavier ass kicker (like me). Even then I'm more of a strength athlete than a bodybuilder who should be breaking down and wanting to repair more muscle tissue than I do.

Once you really get into it you'll see that the arguments vary so much that both the requirement figure and absorption per meal figure become facile.

Look at the last one again. Let's imagine the BS of say 19g at a time was true. Do we need to wait for the gut to empty before we ingested more? How long does that take? If the body worked like that we'd be eating at 3am or be like cattle grazing all fkin day. See how none of it works?

Here's the truth. We could, if we had to, eat like traditional Sumo wrestlers - one big stew a day or we could eat 10 tiny meal prep trays a day. Both work. As does food vs a protein shake. All things being equal food still wins :D

I always laugh at this "your body can only absorb so much...". It makes no sense at all. So by that logic I could eat a whole pizza and not get fat because my body cant absorb it. Think about that for a minute. So if you cant absorb protein then what happens to it? It magically leaves the body without being digested? It amazes me the amount of shit "Bros" come up with.

Top Bottom