Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Intake Amounts and When

I whole heartedly agree with you thatbloke and stevesmi.

It's about fucking time people realized this shit is all marketing propoganda.

I'm natural atm and I easily get 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight and I work an extremely physical job plus workout 3x a week and I still fart all the time. It's undigested protein.

When I was on 500mg test I could eat every thing in sight and down 75grams of protein shakes and rarely fart. This supports the belief that aas rapidly increases protein utilization.

I agree that eating whole foods is superior to whey shakes by a large margin. I personally drink ALOT of milk. I also try to eat tuna every day and I eat alot of eggs. All 3 are excellent sources of real protein and for me I have no trouble taking in large amounts of any of them.

I used to drink 3 whey shakes a day. I'm down to 2 and looking for ways to cut that down to 1 while natural. If I was on I would probably drink 2-3 each day just to spike my protein up in addition to the food moreso than now.

From my own experience I've come to learn the power of carbs and fats in relation to gaining size and muscle. Both are easy to consume in large quantities and both are what is really responsible for creating the anabolic environment. You could eat 400grams protein a day, but if you need 4500 to grow, but only take in 3000 then you aren't taking in enough carbs and fats. Fats are beneficial to the joints and hormones and carbs supply energy and fill the muscles full of glycogen. Both are very important.

As a decent example of just how important they are incomparison to protein I'll use myself as an example. Last time I was on cycle using 500mg test ew I ran really low on funds for a week and completely ran out of protein powder. I'm kind of embarrassed to say that for a week I basically lived off cheese sandwiches, pb+j sandwiches and milk. That's literally all I ate. I would eat around 2 of each kind of sandwich each day always with a large glass of milk. Generally around 5 sandwiches every day.

I did this for a week. I know I wasn't getting 1 gram protein per pound of bodyweight. I was getting "adequate" protein. Probably around 150grams per day. What I was getting plenty of was carbs and fats.

At the end of the week I had actually gained 2 pounds and felt strong as ever in the gym despite being under supposedly optimal protein intake levels, while "on" for that matter because my carb and fat intake was plenty high.

At least that's my take on it.

if you ask guys in their young 20's it seems they all swear by protein shakes. i think they got it brainwashed in their head seeing pics of their heroe's holding shakes by X company... its all just a scam. all the same crap ingredients with sugar sold at GNC as 'protein shake' ... thanks to the internet and sites like this more and more lifters/bodybuilders are figuring this out and outing these BS companies.

needto put out a very good article on how companies like pepsi are taking over this industry and the whey that is used is the cheapest cheese (basically the leftover garbage).. so next time u down a whey shake just imagine you are eating cheap processed cheese. u know that powdery crap used in mac and cheese? its like that, but they add chocolate flavoring to it.. lol.

dont take my word for it though, everyone should do their own research. i know with me I got much better gains on real food vs. whey shakes.

Im cutting, I have weighed between 209 and 175 while doing this so far and I eat between 200 and 300 grams of quality protein each day (I would say 240 would be a good average). Im eating 4 meals a day for the most part. Each meal I get 40-70g of protein from (usually ~50g). I dont seem to have lost any noticeable amount of muscle mass while doing this...

and yes Im natural.

but then other guys like CEO will talk about getting 500g of protein per day, and drinking shakes with 100g of protein in between meals. Then you get the big pro BBers and PLers who eat upwards of 600g per day, I have even heard of guys eating 900-1000g lol

The only time I time my protein is post workout. I make sure to take 50g with 5g of creatine asap. I get in about 260g protein a day from eggs, meat, and whey.

Top Bottom