Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

propper time to work out legs

I have been working out for 11 months and I'm really struggling with my legs , my upper body is developing great, but my legs are still skinny, I train my legs twice a week for 30 minutes and I was wondering if I should raise my training time to 1 hour or hour and half on my legs, sometimes I think that could a be a genes problem , but I want to push as hard as I can and hit plateau to see if my leg muscles get any bigger.

30 minutes is really short for a leg workout. My leg workouts usually take 60-90 minutes. Your legs are a very big muscle group that require a lot of volume.

Master the squat and focus on increasing the amount of weight you can squat and I PROMISE your legs will go from tooth picks to tree trunks.

Most people do not get the leg development they want because they don't understand the anatomy of muscles in the legs. The legs are an endurance muscle. They have a large composition of slow twitch muscle fibres. Most people only train in a 8-12 rep range. The problem with that is it won't stimulate the slow twitch muscle fibres. In order to fatigue the slow twitch muscle fibres, you need to train in a rep range of 20-100.

Use a variety of exercises to fully develop the legs but make sure to add in some 'burn out' sets at the end of your workout in a rep range of 20-100 to stimulate the slow twitch muscle fibre. You will feel a burn like you have never experienced before.

Think about it. Look at the legs of a cyclist. They don't squat or lift weights at all but they always have extremely impressive leg development. That's from all the high rep work they constantly do when cycling.

30 minutes is short. Especially with proper warm up sets. I like two a week. One day heavy with 3-5 reps. One day with 15+ rep sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes for a leg workout seems like a warm up to me.

It quite explains why you have issues with building big legs. Some guys take 2 hours to train them.

Top Bottom