Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Proper way to do cardio? HIIT

HIIT cardio is awesome. I've seen many articles praising it, and a lot of HST peeps swear by it. It's all about calories in vs. calories out when dieting, and boy oh boy does HIIT burn a lot of calories.

-casualbb

the article sounds good except for one major flaw:

he mentions that you should wait one hour after HIIT before consuming a meal.

i got a problem with that one as muscle loss will inevitably occur.

wouldnt it be better to wait 10-15 minutes?

after all, our main interest in not only to lose fat but to spare as much muscle as possible.

damn, he had it all good until that.

Well what you could do is take a shot of whey before the cardio. That should allow a 1 hour break afterwards with little muscle catabolism.

-casualbb

casualbb said:
Well what you could do is take a shot of whey before the cardio. That should allow a 1 hour break afterwards with little muscle catabolism.

-casualbb

that makes sense but i think the best way to go about it is to wait 10-15 minutes and down a fast absorbing whey like CFM.

I think you're being a little paranoid about muscle catabolism. Your body is a little more efficient than you're giving it credit for. You're not going to lose all your muscle if you wait an hour before you eat.

If you do sprint workouts, you'll notice you tend to feel like ralphing post workout. Sometimes it takes a good hour before I feel like I can keep food down. And I've yet to notice muscle loss from waiting for an hour before I eat post workout.

My sprint workouts are a little different than the article's - this morning I warmed-up by jogging two laps, then I did 10 100 meter sprints - sprint 100, walk back to start, repeat. My other sprint workout is 5-6 200 meter sprints. Since today's sprint workout took place of a leg workout, I finished up with 2 sets of 100 meter walking lunges - lunge 100 meters, walk 100 meters, lunge 100 meters.

JJ...

i hear what you're saying but i cant take that chance.

i'd rather burn less fat but spare as much beef as possible.

way too risky.. but maybe just psychologically.

Top Bottom