Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

proper bench press

In my opinion,you should bring the bar down to your chest and pause for a second or two then sxplode up.I think anything less and you are cheating yourself.

I like to unrack the bar and bring it down to just about five inches off my chest. A certified personal trainer said this was the correct thing to do.
I also do 1/8 squats because your knees will explode if you go any further.
This technique also allows you to lift heavier.

Nothing erks me more than seeing guys doing a "half movement" just to allow them to "stack on" the weight. Shit, 1/8th squat? What kind of shit is that?

el cubano said:
Nothing erks me more than seeing guys doing a "half movement" just to allow them to "stack on" the weight. Shit, 1/8th squat? What kind of shit is that?

I hear you bro. I see em' do it all the time. Not even half reps.:rolleyes:

cubano, anything deeper than 1/8 WILL cause your knees to explode!!!
I prefer to look cool with nine plates a side on the bar and fitness divas drooling on my feet.

oh yes, and you always must do inverted twisting anterior suppinated leaping jumping jacks to get the blood flowing, prior to any movement. the certified personal trainer told me this also.
He's white and told me he was Mr Olympia last year, so I think Ill listen to him.

HorseBalls said:
cubano, anything deeper than 1/8 WILL cause your knees to explode!!!
I prefer to look cool with nine plates a side on the bar and fitness divas drooling on my feet.

Give me a break!!! You are not squating at all if you can not break parallel. Maybe YOUR knees will explode, but dont speak for everybody else POSER!!!!!

Top Bottom