Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Problems with my body and overall posture.

blood_drinker

The gym trainer called me into his office. He told me to take off my shirt.

1) The fucker acuses me of juicing. I told him all Ive ever used was creatine - and that i took in pill form without grape juice and that it never even worked for me.
He doesn't believe me. But he will give me the benefit of the doubt because I am turning sixteen.

2) He told me I'm probably not going to grow anymore than 5 cms more. Im 5'5 and that was not nice to hear. At 16 and with all the weights I have done supposedly it's gonna be very hard to grow anymore. WTF.

3) He checked somethings with my posture and development. He said a few things. My left trap is larger than the right. My right peck is larger than the left (?)
He also told me that my shoulders seem to hunching forward and that I need to work on my back to bring my posture straight up. He told me I also had some probs with the curvature in my spine. He said I should perform circuit training that he will guide me through and that I might lose 5lbs of muscle, but it will be good for me because I will gain 10lbs more later.

OK, I understand that he is qualified to tell me about my posture problems . But what do you think about this circuit training shit? I still make good gains and I add to my lifts every week - I see no need for changes. I mean I can work on the back like he told me - but I dont want to lose 5lbs when I can continue gains.
He told me that if I continue one day my gains will just stop. Every other 3 months I should go down in weights and intensity and perform resistance exercises and then weights are sure to come back steady and will never stop.

Please give your views on this.

Shit bro, you must look good for him to accuse you of juicing. He may be jealous of you though, so beware of any hints or anything. Youll prolly grow an inch or two, dont worry bout it...How tall are your parents, grand parents etc..?

Here is my opinion:

When you are sick you go to the doctor and you get better.

When you want to lift more you go to the trainer and you get better.

He/She is a progessional. They know what they are talking about. I would listen, at the least.
:karate:

Him telling you to take off your shirt & accusing you of juicing wasn't the best intro he could have used...certainly doesn't seem very professional... not seen many people correctly anticipate maximim human height at 16 yrs of age just by looking at you...hmmmm

some people round their shoulders due to overtraining their chest, not stretching pecs, performing back movements with limited ROM or lacking complete contractions during back training (arms working as 'hooks', shoulders back & down, elbows behind, squeezing shoulder blades-rhomboids- together at peak of the movement)...are you sure it is from curvature of your spine? do your palms face backward when standing? A little self-assessment maybe will help...

The circuit training he advised is to adjust your posture, and losing 5 lbs will correct the problem?

Last edited:
i dont know about the losing 5lbs thing. if hes doing what i think he is planning, it is a type of training designed to optimize your stability and increase your ability to recruit fibers. its a good way to go if you want to optimize your lifts and keep from plateauing. if hes competent you will gain alot. i dont know about circuit training, i believe its more of an interval training regimine. you shouldnt lose any muscle though, if anything you might pick up a bit due to the new stress on your body. like i said, im not sure what he had planned, but thats what id do. if you are rounding in the shoulders already, you should implement a corrective stretching program. ie. stretch your chest and LATS. those are the big 2 for protracted shoulder girdle. make sure you do your rowing motions to full contraction at the top to bring the rhomboids into play which help to keep your shoulders back. working in perfect posture will promote perfect posture. all shoulder presses, lateral raises, bicep curls tricep extensions, everything you do standing....perfect posture. head straight, shoulders back, back flat.

as for him thinking you were juicing.....tell him "thank you, i must be doing this natural shit pretty good then.....heheheh".

I had read that juicing while you are still growing will cause your bones to stop growing. Unfortunatly this is true guys. It was a clinical study so I have to say if you aren't at least 18 you shouldn't be juicing.

Never said he was juicing...just passing on the info to inform the young bro's. Actually I found the study and cut out this portion to share:

Premature Closure of Growth Plates.
Chronic steroid usage prior to puberty or in early adolescence can cause premature closure of the growth plates of the long bones, preventing the young user from attaining full natural height. For this reason as well as others previously discussed, teenagers should not use steroids for muscle building.

if you are rounding in the shoulders already, you should implement a corrective stretching program. ie. stretch your chest and LATS. those are the big 2 for protracted shoulder girdle. make sure you do your rowing motions to full contraction at the top to bring the rhomboids into play which help to keep your shoulders back. working in perfect posture will promote perfect posture. all shoulder presses, lateral raises, bicep curls tricep extensions, everything you do standing....perfect posture. head straight, shoulders back, back flat.
some people round their shoulders due to overtraining their chest, not stretching pecs, performing back movements with limited ROM or lacking complete contractions during back training (arms working as 'hooks', shoulders back & down, elbows behind, squeezing shoulder blades-rhomboids- together at peak of the movement)...are you sure it is from curvature of your spine? do your palms face backward when standing? A little self-assessment maybe will help...

Just to reiterate these statements.... I was discussing this recently with a buddy of mine who's a trainer, specifically about poor back form. How many guys do you see load up the seated row or lat pulldown and jerk the weight to their chest and pretty much let it fall forward again.

Blood, I don't mean to suggest you're doing this, just wanted to stress the importance of form and stretching on back excercises. Hope it helps.

1) The fucker acuses me of juicing. I told him all Ive ever used was creatine - and that i took in pill form without grape juice and that it never even worked for me.
He doesn't believe me. But he will give me the benefit of the doubt because I am turning sixteen.

2) He told me I'm probably not going to grow anymore than 5 cms more. Im 5'5 and that was not nice to hear. At 16 and with all the weights I have done supposedly it's gonna be very hard to grow anymore. WTF.

3) He checked somethings with my posture and development. He said a few things. My left trap is larger than the right. My right peck is larger than the left (?)

Yo man this guy sounds like a fucking asshole to me. Some bitch tells you to take off your damn shirt? I woulda spit in his face like fuck you ya queer. Fuck that bro dont let anyone accuse you of juicing happens to me all the time at my school and with teachers and shit its so fucked up. They just cant believe that a teenager can actually get BIG without roids. Stupid fucks if you ask me!!
:D:D

Top Bottom