Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prison fights! whats the best MA.(krav maga?)

moe dank

Im looking for the best martial art for a prison fight enviorment. Maybe 2 or 3 people at a time, quick moves that completely take out a person(non-leathal). maybe a knife or other weapon.

I have seen alot on krav maga and it looks about right......any opinions!

This is a strange question

Multiple attackers with possible weapons?

I'd say about 10 years experience full contact CQC at minimum for an average person.

Krav Maga is the best.It is an IDF Israili Defence Force martial art.
No holds bar how to terminate a person as quick as possible.
It is taught to Seals,delta force etc.

ray_ivory said:
Krav Maga is the best.It is an IDF Israili Defence Force martial art.
No holds bar how to terminate a person as quick as possible.
It is taught to Seals,delta force etc.
Its just another art based on the practical applications of several arts. And no, its not what is taught to all Spec-ops communities. These types of hyped arts come and go regularly, this one happens to have made it bigger than most.

its laughable to think that any art will teach any person to take out multiple attackers with weapons. if any one knew how to do that theyd make a fortune. ya id say u need experience to even think about it. but why put yourself in that position are you a c.o.?

I was thought by my instructors that if attacked by 2-3 persons at the same time I must either: run away or shoot them with my gun 9assuming they're armed or there's a direct threat to my life). Unless you're superman and have eyes all around your head, there's no way you can fight an armed crowd. BTW are you a correctional officer ? If yes you should usually have a PR-24/ASP or pepper spray/stun gun ?

Krav Maga(sp) the best? Hardly.

I'm not saying it's shitty or it doesn't have some merit, but its effectiveness is suspect at best.

I'll admit that some of its striking techniques seem logical and effective as they sort of remind me what a street tailored version of Muay Thai looks like with the extensive use of knees, elbows, fists, and legs strikes. What I haven't seen from this style, however, is any sort of grappling or submission work. Any style that ignores that range of fighting CANNOT be the best.

And for your information, Krav Maga is not used by ALL U.S. special forces. In fact, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, an art that has proved itself thousands of times in plain view no holds barred competitions is the primary art practiced by our Army Rangers.

Do a search on 52 hand blocks aka Jail House rock....If you remember the first lethal weapon some of Mel Gibson's fight scenes are derived from that and some of todays pro boxers apply some of those techniques when they fight as well

Firstly I would say the tone of your question is, well questionable. Anyway my answer would be this. Ive done a good amount of different martial arts including sports karate, judo, mma, and bjj and most recently krav maga. So far for realistic circumstances krav maga is the only one that has any real presence in my mind. Bjj is hugely effective for a single opponent however there is little benefit wrestling a person to the ground while his mate comes and stamps you on the head. Krav isnt some magic act, is designed to give you a fighting chance in a bad situation. Primarily to do enough damage to break free and escape - not as some ninja assassin. Frankly if multiple opponents, or even one have a knife you will be lucky to come away with alive. Equally someone with no skills but has lived in the wold of hard knock will take down a skill opponent often as not just through brute force and aggression. All you can hope for is a fighting chance. Alot depends of the level of contact in your classes and krav has more than most. There is a lot to be said to being able to take a hit and fight free. Few other matial arts do this on a daily basis. Be sure though that a real fight is Not martial arts.

Top Bottom