Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Preventing/Easing DOMS?

Will_I_am156

Anyone got any ideas/techniques to ease DOMS? I've just finished my first 90 mins of soccer tonight and know my legs are going to be in bits tomorrow and I've got squats to hit in the gym tomorrow morning. Any and all ideas more than welcome :)

1- Increase water intake.
2- Take an additional 2-3g Vitamin C, 400-800 iu Vitamin E, and 25,000 iu Beta Carotene.
3- Ice your legs: 20min of ice, 40-60 min rest, repeat.
4- Anti-Inflammatory could also be used such as Motrin.
5- Get extra sleep.

Last edited:
stretching, hot shower & massage

An easy way to reduce future soreness that is rarely mentioned is increasing frequency of leg training. There are a lot of guys around here I imagine that are natural lifters and train legs once a week. I think that's for pretty advanced lifters. The problem is that their muscles have mostly recovered in a few days and some fibers actually start to regress by the time that 8th day rolls around even if they've been limping all week.

I've personally never had a lot of luck preventing soreness through stretching and vitamin C.

glutamine / bcaa
citruline malate
drink protein shake with above supps immediately after training
ICE BATHS right after training

Cheers fellas! I went with some stretches and a cold bath seemed to do the trick. I threw a bucket load of dextrose in a protein shake and had that straight after (all I had in the house) I figured it would help quicken recovery.

Have bought some glutamine this week and have ntbm gear on hand is that as good as bcaa's Tom or would you recommend I go out and get some separate bcaa's?

Flex, I train legs squat 3x a week with my 5x5 programme and play footy 2 times per week so think my legs are getting enough work, possibly too much :S this was my first 90 minutes this season so think it was just a bit of ring rust. I've done zero cardio in 9 weeks since last season ended

You know what's funny? Unless you do a lot of jogging or sprinting, it seems no matter how much effort you put in at the gym when you get out and actually run whether it's at a track or even playing softball or something, it seems totally alien. I just turned 35. Unless I decide I'm gonna start running as part of an exercise routine, how often will I be running in my daily life?

When I decided to get back into working out more seriously, I started out by doing some sprints and jogging at the park. My shins felt like I'd been jumping off roofs after a few days.

gear is fine no need for bcaa if you are on that..

flex - you should try some different shoes. take a look at 'minimilist' style shoes like vibrams. great for running.. just ease into it dont start sprinting day one.

gear is fine no need for bcaa if you are on that..

flex - you should try some different shoes. take a look at 'minimilist' style shoes like vibrams. great for running.. just ease into it dont start sprinting day one.

Strongly considering at least getting some Nike Frees.

Strange too that none of the calf work in a gym seems to do much for the muscles involved in shin splints.

Top Bottom