Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prety much beginner.

cushij

Hey everybody my name is GoofTroop. I just want to first mention I think it's great everybody is here to share there successes and failures, it's always easier when you have people to support you and tell you what they wish they would have done when they first started out. Well enough of that gewy shit let's get down to buisness. <li> Okay quick overview, I got really fat around seven and then when I was thirteen I worked my way through a summer up to running 6miles a day 6days a week 48min. never really did a weight training plan.<li> I do understand the fundamental key to success from going from couch potato to FULL TIME runner back to couch potato it is DESIRE and Consistancy. So what ever help you guys can give me I will REALLY do.<li> Okay what I really want to work on is my WIEGHT training and Dieting. My training is like this 6 days a week cardio 32min 6.0mph (don't worry bout this I'll be up to 7.5mph 32min in a couple of weeks) weight training 6 days a week each day I do Two Muscle Groups 3 Different exercises/per muscle group with 3 sets per exercise Then I go straight to cardio for 32min. My diet is boca burgers, that's it I also drink 67.6 oz of water a day. Now I'm only on my second week back in but I was just wondering if the routine sounds good and if anbody has newbee tips?

I'm not exactly sure what your goals are, but it seems like it might be fat loss, so I'll just kind of go with that here.

Running is not good for you, bro. The high impact from it will tear your knees and legs up. Try some other forms of cardio, like the elliptical machine or a stationary bike.

As for diet, it would be most beneficial to search (and ask your questions) about diet in the diet forum. However, just be sure to not cut your calories too low. Try consuming around 10-12x your bodyweight in calories per day.

Personally, I try to keep the weight loss down to 2 lbs per week. Much more than that, you'll more likely be burning a good amount of muscle with it.

About your training - be careful not to overtrain. On calorie reduced diets, training 6 days a week can be excessive, especially if you are hitting everything 2x per week. It sounds like you are hitting everything 2x per week, which is for many people, too much.

Hope this helps.

Thanks I will check out the diet forum, I do LOVE to run because of the intensity and I feel like there is nothing like it. Is it just mental 4 me or is eliptical not as efficient as running can I get the same calorie burning goodness with a machine. I do know it's got to be bad on my knees.{Thanks for feedback}

Honestly, it does seem that running is physically more challenging (and you'd think you would burn more calories running), but is it worth the physical damage? However, as long as you keep your heart rate up at around the same level, it shouldn't matter too much.

If you have to run, then go for it, but I think most people here will reccommend against it.

I do want good knees when I'm older, I'm trying the elipticle tonight. I think I wll maybe cross train with both untill I loose enough weight then just run once in a while. I will try the Eliptical and tell you how it goes thanks for the input.

Welcome to the board! :)

I personally do not like working out each body part twice a week. I like to hit each part hard once a week. If I try to go heavy twice a week I notice that I wear down faster and my training suffers. Everyone is different, so I would find what works best for you, but listen to your body.

How should I build muscle is there a more intense Building faze I can go through? Should I do a week of straight lifting or what suggestions?? I REALLY wANT to start scuplting I want some more intense work outs ( I really want to isolate the muscle and feel it burn.) Are there any really natural movments I can use? Any suggestions PLEEASE BEFORE I GET OUT OF WORK.

Thanks, I'm going to check this out right now. I wasn't able to check the forum before I went to work out but I focused on isolating each muscle and I performed very controled movement hopefully I will be really sore. I'm checking out the sites right now. Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

big4life said:
Welcome to the board! :)

I personally do not like working out each body part twice a week. I like to hit each part hard once a week. If I try to go heavy twice a week I notice that I wear down faster and my training suffers. Everyone is different, so I would find what works best for you, but listen to your body.

nice post. this methodology works quite well for many individuals, myself included. About 2 years ago i switched from training 3 days a week, sometimes 4, to 5 days a week. Since then, i have probably put on 30lbs of muscle and have never worked a muscle group more than once a week. Since you are just getting back into training, please dont neglect your back or legs. This is very easy to do since training legs sucks and nobody notices if you train back. I did this for 3 straight years and it has taking me the past 2 years to catch my legs and back up with my chest, shoulders, and arms.
Good luck and train hard, then the success will come.

Top Bottom