Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre- and post-cycle training strategies

Lumberg

Hey I have seen posts but never a thread devoted to this.

When you are getting ready to do a cycle, what is your training behavior? Some actually take a week off pre-cycle, then hit the weights as soon as the effects kick in.

Others want to be in top shape so they train hard for several weeks immediately prior to the cycle, and just keep on going for the entire cycle (since it's harder to overtrain on cycle I would assume that you can go longer without a week off).

Post-cycle, most people just keep on training intensely to keep their gains.

I read somewhere where one guy actually takes the week immediately after his cycle off in a bid to keep more gains (not sure how that works).

Vets and mods especially, please weigh in with your opinions.

JC

gilly6993 said:
I train the same on as I do off.....

a) you can and should train either more often or with more sets while on because your body will benefit more from it. this is assuming that you are not already overtraining.

b) I'm talking about the week before and the week after your cycle, not what you do on vs. off

Everybody takes time off from time to time. I'm talking about scheduling your cycle around that week off or vice versa.

JC

Top Bottom