Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To Pre-fatigue Or Not

punch

For example, today is leg day. As I work out alone, going up to crazy poundages is not the safest thing even though I have a power cage. Last week I went up to 345lb for 8 reps. I felt good and wanted to do 365lb but didnt. In this case I probably should have pre-exhausted with leg extensions but I would rather stick with the basic mass builders. Would it help if I did 15-20 reps with 225 to prefatigue before going heavier? I have 1 hour before I hit the rack. Thanks.

I always warm up

No matter what bodypart I'm doing I always warm up with a bike, jog, stairmaster, or swim. I especially like to run before a leg workout then do at least 2 warmup sets of 15-20 reps of whatever exercise I'm starting with. I don't do squats cause of a bad knee but I do hacks and press and I'm always able to do more reps and higher poundages after a good warmup.

Punch-what you seem to be describing is "warming-up." As switchedon says its a good idea.
However, pre-fatiguing or pre-exhausting is something a little more intense. Its where you BLAST, in this case, quads with an isolation movement before hitting a big exercise like squats. Alot depends on goals. If squats are important to you, athletic reasons? or just a preference, dedicate as much time and energy by puttin them first. If you want a new stimulus, try some HEAVY leg extension prior to squatting.

Top Bottom