Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Practicing my bench form... will it interfere

ThePolishHammer

Ive got a light bar in my basement and a bench. The bar is probably about 15-20lbs.

Would i be able to practice my bench form a few nights a week, Just work on getting in the habit of pushing with my legs, work on my arch and pushing with my lats. Without having it interefere with my current training.

Right now im using dave tates 9 week westside program.

Would this be too much training? would it really make a diffrence?

Also, how do you use your lats in the bench press?

ThePolishHammer said:
Ive got a light bar in my basement and a bench. The bar is probably about 15-20lbs.

Would i be able to practice my bench form a few nights a week, Just work on getting in the habit of pushing with my legs, work on my arch and pushing with my lats. Without having it interefere with my current training.

you use your lats for the negative, so you save more power for your chest with the positive.

Most of the people who train westside style tuck there elbows on the when benching. Then, at the bottom they flex their lats (internal rotators) and it helps to lift the bar off of your chest. From there, you can use your delts and your tri's to push the bar.

As far as using the light bar for form, I don't think it would be an issue, unless your max bench is around 50 lbs.

Most of the people who train westside style tuck there elbows on the when benching. Then, at the bottom they flex their lats (internal rotators) and it helps to lift the bar off of your chest. From there, you can use your delts and your tri's to push the bar.

As far as using the light bar for form, I don't think it would be an issue, unless your max bench is around 50 lbs.

ThePolishHammer said:

I don't think it would hinder any of your training. The only thing I could think of is that it would be hard for me to work on my PL bench form with that little resistance. If it feels "funny", you could stick a couple of 10's on there just so you could "feel it" a little more. Just a thought.

Joker

Top Bottom