Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PR On Incline Bench

Today's chest workout:

flat bench:
135x15
225x12
275x8
315x7
365x5
365x5
365x5
365x5
365x10

Incline dumbbells:
100sx10
110sx10
120sx10

cables:
80x10
100x10

weighted pushups:
40 with 45lb plate on my back
17 with 100lb plate on my back.

Tricep pushdowns:
70x12
90x12
110x12

ENOUGH!

two questions:
1. what do you think of my chest routine.
2. i got the 365 as you suggested i might, DAMN, gonna have to stress the shoulders and pecs somemore.

cwick0 said:
Today's chest workout:

flat bench:
135x15
225x12
275x8
315x7
365x5
365x5
365x5
365x5
365x10

Incline dumbbells:
100sx10
110sx10
120sx10

cables:
80x10
100x10

weighted pushups:
40 with 45lb plate on my back
17 with 100lb plate on my back.

Tricep pushdowns:
70x12
90x12
110x12

ENOUGH!

Great routines!! Awesome strength also. The 5x5 looks real good. How did it feel? I see the 365 is real light for you. Let me know how it works out for you if you decide to go through with the whole routine. Do you have a seperate day for inclines also? I always hit around 12 sets of triceps, but not on the same day. I do arms together on a seperate day. Biceps are getting hit twice a week now since Im throwing them in on my back days. Triceps are my worst body part though. They take a long time to respond. Some people get good growth on thier tri's from alot of heavy benching. My triceps dont get sore at all when I bench. Maybe because my grip is pretty wide. Keep KILLING that shit!!

cwick0 said:
2. i got the 365 as you suggested i might, DAMN, gonna have to stress the shoulders and pecs somemore.

haha Yea the 365 is very light for you. You may want to throw in some extra shoulder and free-for-all incline training on a seperate day. I was doing some 5x5 on incline but only when I felt like it. haha For the most part I make incline day, for doing whatever I feel on that day. Much like my bench routine was before incorporating the 5X5. Eventually I might start the 5X5 again at around 280 and see what results (on incline), but if my flat bench is increasing on 5X5 the incline should follow anyway. Keep it up!!

WalkingBeast said:
Great routines!! Awesome strength also. The 5x5 looks real good. How did it feel? I see the 365 is real light for you. Let me know how it works out for you if you decide to go through with the whole routine. Do you have a seperate day for inclines also? I always hit around 12 sets of triceps, but not on the same day. I do arms together on a seperate day. Biceps are getting hit twice a week now since Im throwing them in on my back days. Triceps are my worst body part though. They take a long time to respond. Some people get good growth on thier tri's from alot of heavy benching. My triceps dont get sore at all when I bench. Maybe because my grip is pretty wide. Keep KILLING that shit!!

The 5x5 felt pretty good. I will keep up with it on my chest routine for the next couple of weeks on flat, then i will switch it to inlcine. I was quite suprised how easy the 365 was. My partner just about shit himself when i hit the 10 on the last set.
INCLINE ON THE SAME DAY, only train chest once a week. I hit arms every friday then chest on monday. This would probably affect some, but since my grip is so wide, my triceps dont influence/help my chest much.

TRICEPS...since ive been at U of Pittsburgh, i have added around 2 inches to my arms in less than 2 years. Here is my tricep routine:
close grip bench - sets of 10, go as high as you can go.
weighted and seated dips - body weight, 100lb plate, 2 100lb plates, 10, 10, till failure.
seated overhead presses/extensions - sets of 10, usually 3 sets. sucks for me here though, only dbs up to 120. so i do 10,15, 20-25
rope extensions- 30, 40, 50 all for sets of 15.

cwick0 said:
The 5x5 felt pretty good. I will keep up with it on my chest routine for the next couple of weeks on flat, then i will switch it to inlcine. I was quite suprised how easy the 365 was. My partner just about shit himself when i hit the 10 on the last set.
INCLINE ON THE SAME DAY, only train chest once a week. I hit arms every friday then chest on monday. This would probably affect some, but since my grip is so wide, my triceps dont influence/help my chest much.

TRICEPS...since ive been at U of Pittsburgh, i have added around 2 inches to my arms in less than 2 years. Here is my tricep routine:
close grip bench - sets of 10, go as high as you can go.
weighted and seated dips - body weight, 100lb plate, 2 100lb plates, 10, 10, till failure.
seated overhead presses/extensions - sets of 10, usually 3 sets. sucks for me here though, only dbs up to 120. so i do 10,15, 20-25
rope extensions- 30, 40, 50 all for sets of 15.

Awesome strength on the dips! Those are some nice gains! My triceps havent responded in a while it seems. Definately the weak point of my arms. I stopped doing dips when I started heavy benching twice a week, since my chest was always sore the day I would train arms. Just to give it enough time to recover fully. What is the seated overhead press/extention? Basically just a skull crusher type motion done with 2 hands on the dumbell, and behind the head? Ive done these before. Nice exercise. Only problem is, my gym has shitty dumbells. The 100's are fine, but if I want to increase the weight the dumbells are these huge, long wide fucking rubber dumbells. They do go up to 150lbs but I cant see them having any use other then dumbell rows and shrugs, and still theyre awkward. I do have access to another Gold's Gym though, and its closer. So if I can get in there it wont be a problem. ThanX for listing your routine!! It obviously works for you!! Keep KILLING that shit!!

Last edited:
My routine has been successful with any lifting partner i have ever had. I guess you might say i can really develop someone if they will put in the necessary time. My current parnter, 5'7" at 172lbs, has seen his bench increase from a set of 5 at 225 to 3 sets of 10 at 225. This week he did the 5x5 with 245 and hit 7 on his last set.

the dips...i love em. Our benches here are a little unique in that they have spotters built in, as well as they allow you to squat too. They are just wide enough, that my partner and i can fit in between them to do the heavy seated dips. My record with the 2 100lb plates is 25 which i got last week. Then i did the overhead presses (exactly what you described) and destroyed them. I warmed up with an 80lb db and then did 3 sets of 120lb dbs, 10, 15, 20 reps. As you can see the gym only has up to 120lb dbs, when i was at Purdue University their gym had dbs up to 150. I never tried them since their was only 1, but i did the 145 db for a set of 10. They are big and bulky, but you should see the dividends in your tris. They are one of my favorite mass builders for tris, besides close-grip.

cwick0 said:
My routine has been successful with any lifting partner i have ever had. I guess you might say i can really develop someone if they will put in the necessary time. My current parnter, 5'7" at 172lbs, has seen his bench increase from a set of 5 at 225 to 3 sets of 10 at 225. This week he did the 5x5 with 245 and hit 7 on his last set.

the dips...i love em. Our benches here are a little unique in that they have spotters built in, as well as they allow you to squat too. They are just wide enough, that my partner and i can fit in between them to do the heavy seated dips. My record with the 2 100lb plates is 25 which i got last week. Then i did the overhead presses (exactly what you described) and destroyed them. I warmed up with an 80lb db and then did 3 sets of 120lb dbs, 10, 15, 20 reps. As you can see the gym only has up to 120lb dbs, when i was at Purdue University their gym had dbs up to 150. I never tried them since their was only 1, but i did the 145 db for a set of 10. They are big and bulky, but you should see the dividends in your tris. They are one of my favorite mass builders for tris, besides close-grip.

Awesome shit brother!! I know what you mean. Most people just arent willing to put the work in, and come up with all types of worthless excuses. I had the same experience with my training partner. When he began training with me about 3 years ago he was 155lbs and could hardly get 275 without assistance. After training on my high volume to failure routine for about 2 years, he broke 400 on the bench unassisted and gets 365x7 and just recently hit 405 and 315x16 at the end of the routine. He blew way past me on the reps. Hes 5'7 also and got up to 195lbs, but hit his best lifts at 185 recently. His form is pretty crazy though, major arch, ass comes off the bench, jerks hips, etc. Probabally bounces that shit too. But hes always done that anyway. haha The 405 went up nice nonetheless. My form is more flat backed and doesnt use much leg drive or anything like that. I really dont know how to bench any other way. Just doesnt seem to work for me. Maybe if I changed my technique Id be stronger, but atleast Im hitting the chest and delts hard. My legs dont get sore the next day as his do! Thats crazy dip strength brother!! Very impressive!! Maybe Ill start doing those dumbell extentions. I really need size and strength on my triceps. Id have to do them at another gym if I want to go heavy though. Keep KILLING that shit!!

Top Bottom