Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PR On Incline Bench

cwick0 said:
AWESOME!

I might start doing 5x5 the next time we go heavy on incline. I am so use to doing 3 sets of 10 at the same weight. For instance, when i do three sets of 10 on incline, i do it with 275. The last time i did it, was 275x10, 275x12, 275x15, then 315 for 5 rest pauses. DAMN, i guess its time to move the weight up...
This is how i got my incline so high. So, for something different i will try the 5x5, but im not sure if it will be enough or tire me enough. I am like you in that my endurance on chest is UNBELIEVABLE. Did 275 for 24 reps for my cool down on flat, after 405 for 3 rest pauses and heavy incline this week. The previous two weeks it was 225x25 and 225x35.

Very impressive lifts and sets!! Youve got some great muscle endurance and strength. Like you, 5X5 by itself wont even tax me, so thats what the extra volume is for. Ill just go freestyle with my sets after completing the 5X5. I feared the change at first, but its been a great part of my routine and definately want to stick it out with the 5X5 for a while and see what I can do with it. Gives me great motivation to have a solid goal each week in the gym. Before I just pushed the fuck out of myself and went for any PRs I could get, a free for all workout. The change is doing me very good at the moment. Seems Im getting stronger then ever on the routine, with the extra volume of course. Let me know how the 5X5 works for you if you decide to try it, and dont forget the extra volume!! We FUCKING need that shit to grow with that type of endurance! Those lifts are fucking inspiring!! Keep KILLING that shit!!

Ahh...no big deal. Im not exactly small, ive got you by 55lbs, so these weights arent too bad.

I might start 5x5 next week, but i will probably go 365 just to make sure i tax myself enough. Im afraid if i dont go heavy enough, it wont do me any good.

Just saw the PR. Congrats.

I set a PR on the incline on Thursday...felt pretty good.

B True

cwick0 said:
Ahh...no big deal. Im not exactly small, ive got you by 55lbs, so these weights arent too bad.

I might start 5x5 next week, but i will probably go 365 just to make sure i tax myself enough. Im afraid if i dont go heavy enough, it wont do me any good.

Still impressive brother!! I never see anyone with that type of muscle endurance. Definately seems to be a rare thing. And 405 is always fucking impressive! And for reps too! Whats your best for 8 reps on the flat bench? I started lower mainly because of my injury, but I dont think youd want to start to high, otherwise it would kill some of the progression, Id think. I used the light weeks to get the form down again and work on it a little. I needed it though, cuz after the injury I basically forgot how to bench. Strange feeling. Keep KILLING that shit!!

b fold the truth said:
Just saw the PR. Congrats.

I set a PR on the incline on Thursday...felt pretty good.

B True

ThanX for the encouragement brother!! It felt real good, especially since its a sign of returning fully from my injury. Id trade it to be able to flip a car, lift a cadillac or deadlift 700+ lbs!! Keep KILLING that shit yourself brother!! Your lifts inspire the FUCK out of me!!

WalkingBeast said:
Still impressive brother!! I never see anyone with that type of muscle endurance. Definately seems to be a rare thing. And 405 is always fucking impressive! And for reps too! Whats your best for 8 reps on the flat bench? I started lower mainly because of my injury, but I dont think youd want to start to high, otherwise it would kill some of the progression, Id think. I used the light weeks to get the form down again and work on it a little. I needed it though, cuz after the injury I basically forgot how to bench. Strange feeling. Keep KILLING that shit!!

endurance...yeah i have a little, took a little getting used to when i first started going heavy for sets of 10. Now i can handle 3 sets of 15 reps at 315. Ive done 365 for 10 reps in the past and 5 rest pauses at 365 too.

Starting low, what's wrong with that? You have to start some where when you have an injury or when you just start training. A lot of people in the gym see me start with 135 on bench and then see me progress to 300 or 400 and just about shit themselves. Unfortunately it takes my muscles a while to warmup, so sometimes that negatively effects me.

Form...many people dont care for mine, but i feel that i have perfected it on bench. Almost everyone touches the weight to their chest, usually bouncing it off, however, several years ago i worked out with a guy and talked to him about benching. He said that he never touched his chest because when he did it felt like he took some of the tension off of his muscles, which i whole heartedly agree with now. At the time i was a little skeptical, but i tried it and felt a huge difference. It was much harder to keep my pecs flexed the whole time. Needless to say the bar hasnt touched my chest in several years, usually about 2 inches away, but that is in part because of an extra wide-grip. PLus i dont lockout at the top either, forcing my pecs to work extra hard.

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ME POSTED ON THE INCREASING NUMBERS. Also, I will message you the next couple of my chest workouts so you can get a better feel of some of my techniques. Hopefully, i will be able to help you get to your goal of 405 QUICKER.

cwick0 said:
endurance...yeah i have a little, took a little getting used to when i first started going heavy for sets of 10. Now i can handle 3 sets of 15 reps at 315. Ive done 365 for 10 reps in the past and 5 rest pauses at 365 too.

Starting low, what's wrong with that? You have to start some where when you have an injury or when you just start training. A lot of people in the gym see me start with 135 on bench and then see me progress to 300 or 400 and just about shit themselves. Unfortunately it takes my muscles a while to warmup, so sometimes that negatively effects me.

Form...many people dont care for mine, but i feel that i have perfected it on bench. Almost everyone touches the weight to their chest, usually bouncing it off, however, several years ago i worked out with a guy and talked to him about benching. He said that he never touched his chest because when he did it felt like he took some of the tension off of his muscles, which i whole heartedly agree with now. At the time i was a little skeptical, but i tried it and felt a huge difference. It was much harder to keep my pecs flexed the whole time. Needless to say the bar hasnt touched my chest in several years, usually about 2 inches away, but that is in part because of an extra wide-grip. PLus i dont lockout at the top either, forcing my pecs to work extra hard.

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ME POSTED ON THE INCREASING NUMBERS. Also, I will message you the next couple of my chest workouts so you can get a better feel of some of my techniques. Hopefully, i will be able to help you get to your goal of 405 QUICKER.

Awesome brother!! Id definately like to see your routines for chest, its much appreciated!! Yea Im the same way. It takes me alot of warming up before my strength starts to kick in. Even after my 9th set of incline presses today I managed to hit a PR with 225 for 20 3/4 reps today, where as 19 3/4 was my best before. So a small PR. Just short of 21 reps, but 225 is always very light anyway. It sounds real difficult to do the reps that way. Sounds like youd be good for more reps if you got the extra momentum. Im sure that stresses the fuck out of the pecs though! ThanX again for the encouragement!! Keep KILLING that shit!!

If i remember correctly, this was last weeks chest routine, third week of heavy incline:

Incline bench (45 degrees):
135x20 (10 rest pauses, 10 normal)
225x10
275x6
315x6
335x6

flat bench:
135x15
225x10
rest pauses:
315x3
365x3
405x3
cool down:
275x24, failed on the 25th

cables:
80x10
100x10

weighted flat pushups (45lb plate on back):
1. 30
2. 40

DONE.

Off to the gym in a few minutes to do 5x5 on chest today. I will give you the run down when i get back to my office.

Last edited:
Top Bottom