Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PR On Dumbell Rows With The 150's

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey all! Hit 150lb dumbell rows for 33 reps on left arm. Heres the excerpt from my journal, with the routine. ThanX for all the inspiration!

10-4-04 Monday Back (KILLED the dumbell rows....PR)

Didnt have much time today. Not as much as I like to have. It was a decent back workout though. I hit a PR with dumbell rows, 150lb dumbell row for 33 reps. I think that would be a 3 rep PR. Not sure if 27 or 30 was my best before. Its good to see the back is up to par again. I did the dumbell rows on the bench too, which seems stricter then the standing version Ive often done. Not sure why the right arm is stronger in certain sets and the left on other sets, guess Im unstable in all aspects of life and lifting. No definate patterns. Still cant deadlift. Wasnt able to get traps in. Routine cut short again. Heres the routine:

Dumbell Rows on Flat Bench: (3 sets is really 6 if you count both arms. I dont when I list em)

105x15 (warm-up..Matched on both arms)
150x33 (On left arm) 150x22 (On right arm)
150x15 (On left arm) 150x20 (On right arm)

Wide Grip Chin-ups:

Lat Pulldowns:

165x15
210x15
255x15
300x11

Low Cable Rows:

165x15
195x13
225x10

Wide Grip Chin-ups:

jesus fucking christ, that is seriously sick shit bro, you gotta take a video of something like that man, instead of tom platz leg videos we can get some walkingbeast db row ones!
id give you some karma if i could lol

d3track said:
nice beast

wish my gym had 150 dbs........

ThanX for the encouragement brother!! Know what you mean, I wish they had 250-300 to play with. Though Im sure that would be a motherfucker on the rotator cuffs. Id like the challenge though. 33 reps is getting really high. Id rather work in the 12-15 rep range and maybe even some 8 rep sets. Im sure I could get a good amount of reps even with 200's if they were available. The heaviest Ive gone is 170 for one rep before my rig fell apart. I used knee wraps to wrap two 10lb plates onto a 150lb dumbell. It took atleast 15 fucking minutes to make! haha It fell apart after one rep. Aside from that I did the 160's for 17 reps a WHILE ago. They only have 150's at the gyms I train at now. I was thinking of buying one of those dumbell handles online, with a 200+ lb capacity, but thats money I dont have. haha Keep KILLING that shit brother!!

DieHarder said:
jesus fucking christ, that is seriously sick shit bro, you gotta take a video of something like that man, instead of tom platz leg videos we can get some walkingbeast db row ones!
id give you some karma if i could lol

ThanX alot brother!! haha I never thought much of my DB row strength, but Ive noticed over the years that I never see anyone even touch the 120's on this movement, let alone for many reps. Not sure why that is. Maybe I need to pull up a chair and watch people lift. Ive definately spent enough thousands of hours in the gym to where I shouldve noticed it before. Ill keep pushing it though! I may be stuck with the 150's for a while, so Im sure a 50 rep+ set awaits in the future! Its good to see interest in a video. Ive been planning a back video for months. I even have a camcorder to record it with. Borrowed it just for that purpose. I put it off for a while due to the string of back injuries recently. But now that Ive put off deadlifts I can max out on my upper back strength again. So the video wouldnt have deads. Just the type of stuff listed in that routine, maybe T-bar rows too. The other problem has been that my main gym closed down to relocate. I couldve done anything I wanted in that gym. Now its harder, and Ive been trying to con my way into the grace of the other gym. Then I can sneak a camera in during the non-busy hours. Thats the main dilemna now, Im definately ready to film some good lifts. ThanX again brother!!

Top Bottom