Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

POWERLIFTING VS BODYBUILDING!

powerlifterjay

POWERLIFTING VS BODYBUILDING!

I spent most of my day and evening at a bodybuilding show yesterday. I was there supporting my friend who was doing his first show. He looked awesome, and it was clear he was a powerlifter first. He had thickness and legs that no one there had. He started his diet at 20% bodyfat, and was probaly )i am guessing) 3% at pre judging.

Now here was what i seen. He wasnt the winner. We knew this blck dude was. But i figured 2 maybe 3rd. But no way would this local guy beat him for 3rd place. Well he ended up 4th. Which sucked cause he was robbed. Everyone there knew it, it was a no brainier. The guy that beat him is the same faggot who asked for an AB shot. Ya'll remember that dude? He is small and has very little legs. In fact he weighed in at 185lbs at 6'1 or 2. My buddy weighed in at 195lbs at 5'6. But the contest was run by the tall guys gym that he trainined at. He is only part time at ours. Tell me that aint politics! Everyone was discusted.

Here is my point. I seen the sacrifice he went through, and didecation he has. I am very impressed with him. I actually have a new respect for him. All done so some judge can look at him and say, MMMMM, i dont really care for you. Your not (shit i cant think of what he wasnt) small enough. You have too much muscle! Hell thats all i can think of. But the fag he didnt have legs, traps, calves, forearms, and no thickness. They were both the same in there shreddedness. I will give him that. But anyway. All that work and the judge says i dont liek your look! Fuck that.

Powerlifting you put up or shut! Period. No if,s and's or but's. You dont like me, you dont like my style, tuff shit. I am last in the flight and your first. Nothing can change that. Yes there are politics in powerlifting. Like an invite (arnold) , a sponsership cause your a loud mouth, even respect cause your associtated with other lifters. Thats ok no matter what someone has on you in powerlifting, if they cant out lift you, then yes the may be louder, more popular, train in a famous place, but ya know what? They are not better, for you lift more then they do. Period!

Your accomplishements arent taken from you by a judge who is either gay or its a women who is maybe more sexually atrracted to a smaller with less muscled guy who she finds sexy or maybe she just doesnt like her men to big. Her opinion, (say that) her opinion , will make you or break you. I cant imagine the politics at the pro level with money at stake. I wont rule out ever competeing in a show, but powerlifting will always be my number 1!

And to my buddy who may see this, you did great! And i think you were top 3 and so did everyone else. You could hear a rumble in the (packed house) seats when you were not called. You know its politics, so head up and get ready for some powerlifting.

BY the way my buddy who competed yesterday holds the Florida State deadlift record for juniors in the 220lb class. 575 i believe.

well congratulations to your friend.. takes a lot of commitment to actually compete, and some balls to go up on stage like that. Sucks that he didnt get what he deserved, but thats how bodybuilding is. All politics

If it werent for politics, than Jay Cutler woulld be the Mr. Olympia, not that pregnant looking Ronnie coleman character.

I agree completly,look at boxing(unless a knockout)ice skating etc...and see the politics in those sports.

politics is not just in bodybuilding. this happens everyday on alot of levels. it's who you know. it is absolutely pathetic that shit like this goes on, but it does. the sick reality is that so many of the deserving walk away unrewarded. it's nice to be part of a sport where this doesn't happen so much. i hope your friend is doing well. many times i have left something because i did not get what i felt i should. i hope he decides to stick with it and continues to make it up the ladder.

bodybuilding

Thats exactly why i got out of bodybuilding!! I switched from powerlifting to bodybuilding due to tons of injuries, but have recently switched back! I did about 12 shows, did place high in all of them, won one show, but in every show i was robbed, I did the southern states last summer, placed 5th, which is good in that show, but everyone was telling me 3rd at the least! Then you talk to judges, and they said, well, you need to be known a little better..????? What the fuck does that mean?? Because im not a familiar face?? Diet and kill yourself in the gym, and thats what you get! Ill never go back to that circus sport again!! Plus, in powerlifting, you help your own competitor out, you cheer for each other...bodybuilding, you ask a competitor to help oil you, he will think your nuts!!!

In my eyes bodybuilding will always be a beauty pageant and not a real sport. I mean, what's really the difference between a bb contest and a female beauty show, apart from their gender? If I was a judge at a beauty pageant I would probably subconciously favour the brunettes which I like more, where another judge might do the same for a blonde. Point is, there is no objective measure of beauty and bodybuilders are also basically judged on their "beauty".

I do take my hat off to these guys who work and diet incredibly hard to achieve their shredded physiques, though.

Yup, powerlifting is reality-either you can lift the weight or you cant. bodybuilding is bullshit-someone judges based on what they want.

Its like that olympic figure skating bad judging and sports that are based all on judging will never be as good as sports based on reality do it like powerlifting, basketball (either the shot goes in or doesnt)

Those bodybuilders do go through a lot of pain with all the dieting and everything so it must be hard to get ripped off by some biased bullsht when some cut but muscleless weasel beats someone who has more muscle.

This is one of the many, many reasons I will not ever get into bodybuilding. Another reason is that I ain't that pretty. I respect the competitors, because I respect anyone who works hard, regardless of their sport. But I have no interest in, nor respect for bodybuilding as a sport. It is a joke. The top level guys have reached a level of development that most people find disgusting rather than appealing.

Were it not for the deathgrip bodybuilding has on the weightlifting community, there might be a few decent commercial gyms, but instead we have these horrible chrome palaces everywhere.

Bodybuilding as a quasi sport died when Arnold quit competing. Back in the 70's and early 80's, when Frank Zane, Arnold, Franco Columbo, Serge Nubret, and those guys were competing, people interested in their physical appearance could look at those guys and say, that is what I want to look like. How many people want to look like Ronnie Coleman? Not many, is my guess.

I am an athlete, not a beauty pageant contestant. Different strokes for different folks.

B.

spatterson said:

There's also a sense of comradery among strength athletes. I have had the opportunity to meet and train with many, and they are ALL so willing to help. Almost as if helping someone do better will give them another person to compete with...and then go have lunch. I've also never seen people more willing to learn and teach, for love of the game.

We all have to have one thing in common to do what we do...we believe. And that mental strength is what sets us apart and brings us together.

This is what I like about PL so much so far. When I was doing BB stuff at the Y, nobody talked to me, I saw smirks when I think I was doing something wrong, I felt my body was being judged at all times (and it certainly needed work), and nobody smiled, all business.

Look at the friendliness of PL on this board. With Spatterson, Hannibal, and TheProject for example. As a newbie on this board with few posts and no idea what I was doing, I get an invite to join them. I meet them and they are cool, helpful, friendly and not at all like the BB people at my Old gym. The comradery makes you feel a part of something bigger than just lifting iron. There is no misinformation given so that somebody can remain the top dog, no feelings of superiority, just a group of people getting together to better ourselfs the best way we can. A team.

Powerlifting is all politics as well......don't kid yourself.

If you're on the juice and you're IN nobody will care.

It's the same thing everywhere. It's a fact of life.

-Zulu

Top Bottom