Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

POWERLIFTING VS BODYBUILDING!

The term powerlifting implies competition. A standard powerlifting view is that gym lifts do not count, and there is a very good reason for this.

b fold the truth said:
Very good point man...at my last strongman contest I remember the guy who beat me cheering me on...and I him. We were all laughing, cheering, and giving advice to each other. That is what strongman is all about.

I remember Willie Wessels giving advice to a guy at Nationals last year as to how to beat him on the log press. He told the guy to make his 3rd attempt and hope that Willie misses his 3rd attempt. The guy did what Willie told him...and sure enough...Willie missed his 3rd attempt. Share, learn, and continue to share.

If we can't have fun competing...why should we compete?

B True

Bfold I know why it is so.

In bodybuilding you have more prize money, meaning that you compete for money not fun.

Since pl/strongmen etc comps have very little money, it is more relaxed/casual type of thing. You arent nervous about other guy beating you and getting all of your money.

Bodybuilding is a competiting, not a fun event. You are getting money, not trying to have fun.

Bodybuilding rules!

One of the reasons some PLs go for strongman/woman is because it pays. I have yet to see any BB below the pro level walk away with anything but a plte or trophy. I have yet to see ANYONE get paid below the pro level in any, except perhaps benching for cash.

spatterson said:
One of the reasons some PLs go for strongman/woman is because it pays. I have yet to see any BB below the pro level walk away with anything but a plte or trophy. I have yet to see ANYONE get paid below the pro level in any, except perhaps benching for cash.

pays what? what do you get for wining in pl/strongmen ??

Top Bottom