Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

powerlifting suppliments

CytoMel said:
l

I rather buy a bench shirt for $165 that I know will make me a better bencher than buy all the creatine and other stuff for the same $165. That $165 is about what Inzer costs for a double denim velcro radical.

But a bench shirt will not help make you stronger. If creatine works for you, it will.

I've tried creatine a couple of times and not really noticed anthing, but maybe mine was the cheap stuff. I've heard that about 60% to 70% of the people benifit and for whatever reason the rest don't.

Creatine can work, but it is an individual thing. Other factors need to be on line for it to do so, such as proper micronutrient intake (get your minerals). I get decent results from creatine, but one thing to remember is that it assists in providing energy for the atp -> cpk cycle, and this is at least a six second process in untrained lifters, and can be up to ten seconds. Lifts or sets that take longer than this will not really be affected by creatine supplementation, so there is no point in taking it the last week before a meet, unless you seriously need the extra water weight.

Creatine is very cheap, if you shop around. I get mine from www.kilosports.com

Also, as I mentioned previously, proper micronutrient intake is a must, and it is very difficult to get all of your vitamins and minerals from food any more, with all of the nutrients that are lost in shipping, processing, etc. A good mulit-vitamin can go a long way.

Glutamine can help with recovery, and it is not that expensive.

These are the only ones I use, and I frequently wind up with free stuff to try "Hey coach, what do you think of this?" or some distributor trying to get me to buy something for my athletes. Most supplements are crap.

An eca stack can help with fat burning, as well as an NYC stack, and both are very cheaply made. You can get ephedrine very cheap, add a caffeine tablet, and a baby aspirin, and you are all set.

I have found very few other things worth purchasing.

If you are a competitive powerlifter...buy a belt, suit, knee wraps, wrist wraps, and a shirt. Get a pair of Chucks too (they cost about the same as some good creatine). After you have all of this gear and are ready to compete...throw in some creatine if you want.

B True

Top Bottom