Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

powerlifting meet results, vids etc...

moya

EF VIP
this was 3/26/11, last saturday in Rancho Cucamonga @the USPA CA State Powerlifting Championships...
entered in the RAW OPEN MEN category, weighed in @144 the day before... lol probably up 10lbs the day of...
opened up the squats with an easy 396,
2nd attempt 417, went smooth...
YouTube - 425 RAW squat@144 USPA
i then was awarded a 4th attempt to challenge the USPA raw american record of 450...
on the way down with 451 i just knew it wasnt going back up, so i dumped it... i hit that a month ago in heavy knee wraps, so i wanted it today without, but it just didnt happen...

due to a lack of leverage, being on a cutting diet etc.. my bench just wasnt happening, thankfully i opened light with 210, which made it up...
failed both my 2nd and 3rd with 220... last time i made 225, so back to the drawing board on this... and i thought my training was going good...

onto the deads...
opened up with an easy 480...
2nd attempt,
YouTube - 507@144 deadlift USPA
then a close 3rd, just lost my grip at the top...
YouTube - soooo close 523 deadlift @144
...tore off a callous as well... will not miss that next time...

ok, been dieting down for the EF body transformation contest, for those of you who have not seen it, check out my log...
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...ity-90-day-transformation-edition-733715.html
next meet planning on coming in stronger as i wont be dieting so hard...
chalk and hate...

ty all...

bloke, i wanted that 523 sooo bad... need to get my grip work up... also im going to run the Ed Coan DL program at least once this year... i want 550 for the Olympia, i think this 507 will qualify me... my light weigh in will help...
507 ranks me in the top 25 in the world @148... 523 would have put me up to 14th...
there are only 6 guys @148 that pulled over 545 in the last year... this also includes guys lifting in single-ply gear...
i dont know if i can keep making a ton of progress at this bodyweight for long, but i like staying this size as it allows me to stay athletic... love to play soccer with the kids when i get a chance...

badass deadlift bro, I had no idea you were ranked that high in the world, thats awesome.

maybe you could/should investigate with singly ply pulling. It helps some people more than others...

FYI, I ran 4 of my lifters through the Coan Philipi routine with the goal of peaking for nationals. They all had at least 2 years of competitive PL'ing under their belt and had been doing a slight variation of 531 prior to this. I kept them on 531 except for DL day. They were also the type willing to go the extra mile to work hard.

Some points that were interesting:

1) The best gains we saw were 45 lbs.
2) The 2 conventional lifters gained a higher percentage based on the starting 1 RM
3) The 2 sumo lifters did not gain nearly as much but did progress further than they had on 531
4) 2 of the lifters were kept at reasonable levels for the BD rows and lat pull downs. The other 2 were maxed out on both of those exercises every time (with some form cheating). No real difference was seen between the two groups.
5) Grip failure was one of the major issues in completing the workouts, but that improved at time went on, and with the use of COC #1 grip work.

B-

FYI, I ran 4 of my lifters through the Coan Philipi routine with the goal of peaking for nationals. They all had at least 2 years of competitive PL'ing under their belt and had been doing a slight variation of 531 prior to this. I kept them on 531 except for DL day. They were also the type willing to go the extra mile to work hard.

Some points that were interesting:

1) The best gains we saw were 45 lbs.
2) The 2 conventional lifters gained a higher percentage based on the starting 1 RM
3) The 2 sumo lifters did not gain nearly as much but did progress further than they had on 531
4) 2 of the lifters were kept at reasonable levels for the BD rows and lat pull downs. The other 2 were maxed out on both of those exercises every time (with some form cheating). No real difference was seen between the two groups.
5) Grip failure was one of the major issues in completing the workouts, but that improved at time went on, and with the use of COC #1 grip work.

B-

Out of interest what was the smallest gain seen?

bblazer, so would you suggest i run the Ed Coan DL program with a starting DL of 507 and a goal lift gain of 45lbs, 552? seems a bit lofty for 10 weeks, but if you think that would work i would give it a try... i would be eating more like 4-5k calories and then just cut a lot of water the day before the meet (im good at that ;) )

EM, im basing those rankings off of the last issue of Powerlifting USA that i have that has a chart for 148's... and still, that is only for 148's... i still have a loooong way to go...

Top Bottom