Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powerlifting help build size?

Yes.

If you are a novice you can start with 5x5 StongLifts, Starting Strength... They are good programs for beginners. It will give you muscle and strength. The progression is very linear and easy to follow and understand. When you can't go any further with these programs you will need a different approach. Remember to gain muscle you should eat for that.

If you are a intermediate lifter is better to divide your training into phases. Hypertrophy, Strength and Peaking. Considering your goal is Powerlifting... so you want to Squat, Bench and Deadlift as many weight as you can.

Hypertrophy: you add volume to your training... in competitive movements and accessories... to add some muscle and correct weakness.

Strength: you cut volume and increase intensity. In this phase I cut volume in competitive and accessories lifts and I work with different intensities during the mesocycle.

Peaking: is where you gonna be most specific you can be. In this phase You only Squat, Bench and Deadlift, You work only with singles, doubles and triples. Accessories is very limited and the most specific it can be. This phase you are going to train with all year you use in competition.

Remember... hypertrophy phase must be the longest of your macrocycle ... taking at least 50% of the entire cycle ... followed by the strength phase with 30-35% and peaking, which should be the shortest phase, not to exceed 15-20% of the whole macrocycle.

Keep a log of your training, this will help you understand and manipulate your program... You will be able to analyze what works and what doesn't.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

i hate to sound like a cookie cutter but i really do beleive that building a strong foundation when you are new to lifting is more important than standing in front of the mirror doing curls

so yeah get on the 5X5 or a compound based training routine your first few years lifting. that is what i did and as an adult it has helped me greatly

i hate to sound like a cookie cutter but i really do beleive that building a strong foundation when you are new to lifting is more important than standing in front of the mirror doing curls

so yeah get on the 5X5 or a compound based training routine your first few years lifting. that is what i did and as an adult it has helped me greatly

He says it so often I think he likes it really :D

Keep any new routine real simple. So yes Power style works

I would absolutely start off with a 5x5 program to really learn the compound lifts and build a base. Once you are more advanced you can look into different ways to train like a bodybuilder for pure size.

Well - a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle...100%

But blood volume training is also important for hypertrophy. The best case situation would be to train for strength 2-3 days per week and train for hypertrophy 2-3 days for week

Top Bottom