Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powerlifters please help.

To get under 220 from 240, I obviously need to lose some poundage. The question is what's the best way to go about doing that and keeping/gaining strength for competition?
I used to compete just under 220 last year and this summer/fall I put on a lot of size (including fat) while building up.
Any help is cool.
Thanx bros.

2500-3000 calories per day, in 6 small meals of 500-600 calories per meal will do it. Keep the protein high. If you are "on", then I doubt your gonna lose any strength. If not---maybe a little. You might also want to try DNP, but that will definitely sap your strength while you are on it. The weight will come off though. The best way is diet bro IMO.....Everything else is just a helper.

roid dog put it well, lots of small meals 500-600 kcals each. i would also go with 25 mg ephedrine,200mg caffine, 250 asprine right after a meal, that will help get your metabolism up. also, you need to get your heart rate in your target zone for 40-50 min.
220-age=max BPM (Beats Per Min.)
then multiply max BPM by 80%(.8) and 60%(.6) and you should keep your heart rate in that "zone" for 40-50 min. to really start working on the fat.

p.s if your getting tested, the ephedrine is illegal in some sports, so don't use if it is.

ok I am a fellow powerlifter and maybe I can help. First and foremost, DO NOT DO CARDIO. Cardio is fine for burning fat if your a powerlifter and fine if your wanting to be healthy but cardio is a powerlifters worst enemy. It makes you weak. Now this will all depend on how fast you need to lose the weight. If you have a more than like a week or two you will be ok. These guys are right, several small meals throughout the day, high protein, low fat, low carb. Do not cut all your carbs out though because it will also make you weak. Dont cut all the carbs unless your a week out and have no other choice. ECA is a good idea as well. There are a lot of little tricks. If you have early weigh-in times then you could also use some body fluid tricks. PM me and let me know what weight you want to be at and how long you have to lose it. I can help. Its not as hard as it seems. Since most weighins are in the morning try and weigh first thing on an empty stomach and see how much you weigh, thats a better guage of how much to lose. Hell I compete in the 165 class and right now I weigh 178-183 depending on the time of day.

I made a little typo, Cardio is fine if your a bodybuilder is what I meant to say, not good for powerlifters.

Top Bottom