Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powerlifterjay and others

S

solidj55

You said I should get a shirt and start training with it and my strength would greatly improve. I have a few questions for example, Which shirt to choose. I know Inzer, but which one. They have a beginer,heavy duty,high performance,EHPHD. SO which one should I choose seeing as I have never used one. Also how tight should I get it? I dont know what size to get. Also how exactly do you guys train when your using your shirt. I pretty much know how to train without it but once you start using it in your training Im clueless. I mean do you use all pause reps when wearing a shirt or touch and go? I just need a little guidance here guys. Thanks for any info you have.

I've never trained with a shirt....but I've heard some pretty good things about it. As far as the form, I think you should pretty much always use the pause press, it's what you do in competition and you'll be much more used to it. For the shirt, I use the heavy duty, but I'm pretty sure that depends on your strenth

get the inzer ehphd. i think it is 100.00 when calling them to order it give your measurments about 2" smaller than they are (chest, arms, etc) you want it to be pretty tight. when they tell you the size you need take the one smaller than that. to train with the shirt just warm up normally then throw the shirt on and do a couple of heavy singles, double,or even triples if you want. so these a few weeks out from a contest to get teh feel and know where you are at. I am now at the point where i don't even put on my shirt before the contest because i know exactly i it will feel. I have had it for over two years. if inzers sells reps fuck on the size send it back.

The shirt will mess with your form so start light and have a spotter. After you put it on, be sure to let it heat up for 5 or 10 minutes. Also aim lower on your chest than your normal spot.

Do most of your training touch and go, trying to be explosive through the lockout. There's no need to train pauses unless you are nervous about getting the pause right for the meet. If that's a concern, or you're concerned about not benching as much with a pause then do some at the end of your work out, but do mostly explosive reps. The shirt negates the effect of the pause for most folks.

bigman, you use a heavy duty shirt but you don't train in it? How is that possible--what gives? I've noticed your advice on this board isn't consistent with powerlifting. Don't want to flame you, but if you're not very experienced in powerlifting then don't try to give advice.

Screw the polyester shit -- go with the denim. You get so much more out of the shirt. Hell, it's legal -- with the exception of usapl, so you might as well wear it.

Molten -- you're exactly right on your last comment -- i was beggining to think I wsa the only one who thought that way.

Thanks for all of the opinions guys. Anyone else? Which do you think, single ply denim or the single ply EHPHD vinyl?

Top Bottom