Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Power snatch good enough for shoulders?

tiwkcuf

I am currently doing squats, deads, bench, OHP, and power snatch. Right now I'm doing OHP as a assistance exercise for bench, but if recovery gets too difficult I'm thinking of dropping it altogether. I'm keeping the power snatch in as a "power" exercise. Would power snatch activate my shoulder enough to prevent a muscle imbalance caused by just doing bench, or would it not?

Personally I would want some sort of rowing movement in there. You could alternate deadlifts with snatches and add in some rows too or even just do them progressively. Start with the snatch work up to your top weight. Then move up to deadlifts and work up even higher than the power snatch. After deadlifts as your unloading the bar hit 4 sets of bent over rows and call it a day.

I wasn't thinking about dropping deadlifts, I would never do that. I was asking about dropping overhead presses.

I am thinking about rows as well, but I think I'll put that in later.

How long do you plan on staying on this routine? As long as it's just for a few weeks; I wouldn't worry too much about creating a muscle imbalance. As long as you integrate rows and over head press at some point in the the next couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom