Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Power rack

Sergeant

I was thinking of buying a power rack for my home. I was wondering if anyone ever bought a Body Solid unit (seen in flex Magazine ) they have 2 units, one for 259 and 350 ( I think ). Do you guys think they would hold up or maybe you guys could recommend one. The next one cheapest I have found is by Nebula for 895.

not sure about that one,but if you hae a play it again sports near you,they are a good place to check also...

I have been looking at their racks also.I just bought their flat/incline bench and its looks just as good as the equipment at my local gym.The rack is all I need to complete my home gym,I cant wait!

dollar for dollar

The Body solid is a good deal. It ain't the best rack out there, but at the low end it is pretty good. Alot depends on your area, if you are in the northeastern US then new york barbell might be a good budget one. The Midwest has Jessup. Texas has promaxima. Any of those should be able to get you a decent one at a decent price. And for a little bit more you can go up to a York Barbell rack or perhaps a Tuff Stuff rack.

I bought a Bodysolid power rack last year and I love it.It's pretty durable and also includes a chin bar.Mine was purchased at a Play It Again Sports in Phoenix for 175 dollars.Has taken alot of punishment and held up great.

ballast said:
I bought a Bodysolid power rack last year and I love it.It's pretty durable and also includes a chin bar.Mine was purchased at a Play It Again Sports in Phoenix for 175 dollars.Has taken alot of punishment and held up great.

Thats a good price! They want $259 bucks for one in my area.

Newyorkbarbell rack looks nice also.

For a power rack check out the one that Dave Tate sells at www.elitefts.com

I have been training on one of these and it's much better than most power racks in at least a few ways

-Holes every inch or so so you can train from many more different heights than other racks.

-The pins where you take the bar from are easy to pull the bar off while benching as opposed to those overgrown "J" hooks found on inferior racks.

-The bottom of the rack allows you to fit a 2x4 or so peice of wood around the bottom for a great band attachment system.

CytoMel said:
For a power rack check out the one that Dave Tate sells at www.elitefts.com

I have been training on one of these and it's much better than most power racks in at least a few ways

-Holes every inch or so so you can train from many more different heights than other racks.

-The pins where you take the bar from are easy to pull the bar off while benching as opposed to those overgrown "J" hooks found on inferior racks.

-The bottom of the rack allows you to fit a 2x4 or so peice of wood around the bottom for a great band attachment system.

Would love to have that one.

I seen it used in the westside videos.

Elite racks

Yeah that would be a nice rack, but a little pricey. Which is why I reccomended the brands I mentioned. If you go high end I know a lot of people who swear by reflex racks. You can get any hole spacing you want and all sorts of customization. From what I have heard they go for about 800 with shipping, but that might also include a bench. And the thing is solid, 300 pounds of iron. My rack at home weighs about 200 pounds and I feel it is the most solid rack I have ever used. But the hole spacing sucks. A guy on misc.fitness.weights once had a real nice rack that he made. It had a custom hook setup that would let you vary the bar height in fractions of an inch. I am sure you could have something made. Look on google for the archives of misc.fitness.weights and look up tommy bowen(I think that was his name) He has a website with pictures of his rack.

Top Bottom