Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Power Lung Breath Trainer?

cwc73

Ok, Im not the best PT guy, and I have 27 more days left to shipping out to Officer Candidate School.

My HR isn't my problem. I've dramatically dropped my average HR from running. I feel my problem is with my breathing. I'm working on my cadence breathing, but I also ran accross this product and others like them.

What are your thoughts or personal experiences? Is it possible to strengthen these muscles for better performance?

http://lane4swim.stores.yahoo.net/polutr.html

That looks like a generic product. Fuck that shit, don't waste your money. If you really want to expand and train your lungs, you need to train at a higher altitude. If you have the time etc...travel somewhere at a high altitude and train there. If you train your lungs to operate efficiently through extreme excercises where there is less oxygen, you will excel when you are at normal altitudes where there is more oxygen. Why do you think the Kenyans are the best Marathon runners? They train in Kenya, where the altitude is higher and where there is less oxygen. When they then engage in a Marathons in the States or elsewhere they fucking kick ass. Do not put a sense of false confidence/security in a product like that. The only way you will train your lungs to breath better is through training and excercise. Good Luck in Officer Candidate School.

Let's see. $100 versus the cost of traveling to altitude just to train.......yep, a no brainer. I have also thought about getting one but never came across any definitive reviews.

I have a teacher who holds a doctorate in PE. He is a brainiac. He said it is possible to strengthen those muscles through a device like that. He has seen them at NCSM conferences and has seen studies showing that they do help.

My problem is that I dont feel like I am breathing in and out fully. I have short choppy breaths that I am trying to slow down. I'm really working on it, but it seems to be limiting my runs.

It's junk. Ask him to cite a study. I don't care if he has his crummy PhD. Those things are handed out like Candy if you have enough patience and enjoy apple polishing

It is NOT the same as altitude training. There are real devices that simulate that and they cost 1k+.

Top Bottom