Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

power cleans

mayhems

are they good to do? if so when do i do them (which body part)

also anyone have a video to show the 100% correct way.. i kinda know how to do them but dont wanna look like an idiot doing the wrong form

It's a full body exercise. Since it's a pull it's ussually lumped in with back exercises but the full clean involved recovery from a deep front squat too.

To be totally honest, the absolute best way to learn is to go to www.usaweightlifting.org and see if there's a coach in your area. Even a few sessions can save you years of hassle. It's most often very inexpensive or even free and who knows, you might actually like it (if you like lifting you will certainly like the clean and the snatch) enough to want to compete or focus on it. A friend took this advice a month ago and has been getting coaching and free training with top quality equipment (Elieko bar/plates and platform left over from the LA games I believe) once a week. Understandably, most people have taught themselves different exercises but there is a lot of technique to doing this correctly and if you can avoid it, why teach yourself bad habits.

mayhems said:
i wish i lived in the states... but im from canada

It's even fucking worse in the UK!

There's only one good gym here in the whole of London (10 Million people!)and it takes me a hour to get there and the traveling + training fee is $20 per session. When I get there it's often so busy (because every decent bodybuilder in London goes there) that an hour long workout takes 2 hours!

Anyway, power cleans:

Too many people that I see doing them do too many reps per set.

They are an explosive, power exercise and the weight should be heavy enough for you to stop at 5 reps max. They should definitely be done towards the beginning of your workout, and your legs should not be sore from another workout.

musketeer said:
Anyway, power cleans:

Too many people that I see doing them do too many reps per set.

They are an explosive, power exercise and the weight should be heavy enough for you to stop at 5 reps max. They should definitely be done towards the beginning of your workout, and your legs should not be sore from another workout.

I am partial to 100rep clean and presses. You are right in that most people I see trying to clean are using very light weight, 75-95lbs.

AEKDB said:
I am partial to 100rep clean and presses. You are right in that most people I see trying to clean are using very light weight, 75-95lbs.

Saw you talking about this in another tread, and I'm still confused, do you do 100 reps in one set or 100 reps per workout?

100 reps per workout at about 75% max. Usually takes 2 hours. I try to do this every Saturday but it takes a toll on the hands.

Top Bottom