Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

power cleans

ZGzaZ

I recently started doing power cleans in my routine, anyone else like them? and does anyone have any power clean vids that I can check my form against?

Power cleans rule. pretty brutal on the body since it requires a lot of muscle groups to perform. use the
top_search.gif
on your upper right hand part of the page and insert CCJ, or power cleans. CoolColJ usually has some vids posted of himself, or some monstrously hyoog dude doing power cleans.

:fro:

my form sucks for now, my hang power cleans are pretty close to spot on however :)
I posted a hang power clean vid not so long ago.

When I powerclean I muscle the weight up and pull with my arms and back, I don't snap it up with my hips the same way I do my hang powercleans.
Also for your goals, hang power cleans are better anyway - the first pull from the floor is a waste of time and energy for athletic goals, and there is no stretch reflex work unlike hang power cleans.

So wouldn't use my vids as a model, but here is what good form looks like - you have to snap the weight up using your hips and traps, not pull on it - arms are basicly hooks, keep them straight until the bar is airbourne. Main thing is too keep the bar very close to the body at all times. The bar should fly up to your shoulders like magic - from the power generated from your hips and shrug, the arms just follow it up and don't pull on the bar at all.

Although he is using a light weight that's why it's so snappy -
This movie won't stay long so grab it while you can

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/coolcolj2/Temp/

more

http://www.all-starr.com/coaches-11oslifts.htm

CoolColJ said:
you have to snap the weight up using your hips and traps, not pull on it - arms are basicly hooks, keep them straight until the bar is airbourne. Main thing is too keep the bar very close to the body at all times. The bar should fly up to your shoulders like magic - from the power generated from your hips and shrug, the arms just follow it up and don't pull on the bar at all.

Gonna bump this up.

I really like the description above. Very clear, and makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Joker

JOKER47 said:

Gonna bump this up.

I really like the description above. Very clear, and makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Joker

Yes, very good description. Made me think about how my cleans are. I think mine are pretty close to that. At least I hope so.

the bar travels in a staright line and end up just near your shoulders and then you bend your knees slightly and catch it. I like them a lot from the floor cause the total distance traveled is great. I think these help my deadlift out the best compared to all other lift. I can can throw up some decent weight when I want to but I usually try for some reps. Good for back strength.

Top Bottom