Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Power Clean/Olympic Style Lifting Question

waderironman

hello,
my current lifting schedule is chest on monday, legs on tuesday, rest wednesday, bis/back on thursday, and shoulders/traps/tris on friday, then weekends off (i do cardio everyday, alternating running and biking). i want to start doing power cleans and variations of the movement. the question i have is when should i do these cleans, like what day in my schedule. should i do them on my legs day, cuz i wanna start doing more for my shoulders (they are pretty weak) and from what i have heard and read, cleans are a great way to get them stronger. thanks.

-sean

You can put them either on you shoulder or leg day. Just make sure that you aren't doing too much if you put them on your leg day, and that you aren't too worn out to do them on your shoulder day. They actually make a great warm-up for squats or deads while still getting the other benefits from it.

Cheers,
Scotsman

another question. i think my rear delts are very weak and hence giving me problems with pressing motions. i just did the press under today with just the bar to get afeel for it and it felt like my shoulders were about to give out. could my rear delts be the problem in this? i mean, i put up 100+ lbs. standing military press.confused on where the cause of weakness could be. thinking it might be rotator cuff related too. also i would like to break off my current lifting schedule, been on it for the past 6-7 months. any suggestions for a new schedule or what you yourself are doing would be great. thanks

I have been following this routine for about a month now and I have seen great results thus far!

Sunday:chest
Monday:Tri's
Tuesday:Back(this is where I do my powercleans)
wednesday:bi's
thursday:shoulders
friday: legs(I like to do sumo deads on this day also)
abs I do 4 out of the 6 days I train.

I am natural so I only hit each muscle directly once per week. Obviously, I am using each muscle a couple times on other days. For instance, PC's on tuesday, I am hitting my shoulders and traps abit. Give this routine a try for a week and let me know how it goes. If your on gear, you should be hitting each muscle more it seems. I have been doing this for about a month and have broken well through my platues*.

nice, that sounds good. i really need a new lifting schedule. just a few quick questions about it. so i can do all variations of power cleans on tues, right? also, should i save deadlifts for friday or what my question really should be is what are sumo deadlifts? same as deadlifts? and if they are different should i do different deadlifts on legs and back days. i hear great things about strength boosting from deadlifts and wonder if i should do them twice a week. one last thing, what do you mean by "If your on gear, you should be hitting each muscle more it seems." you mean i should be sore as a bastard after the session or what? thanks for the feedback

-sean

waderironman said:
nice, that sounds good. i really need a new lifting schedule. just a few quick questions about it. so i can do all variations of power cleans on tues, right? also, should i save deadlifts for friday or what my question really should be is what are sumo deadlifts? same as deadlifts? and if they are different should i do different deadlifts on legs and back days. i hear great things about strength boosting from deadlifts and wonder if i should do them twice a week. one last thing, what do you mean by "If your on gear, you should be hitting each muscle more it seems." you mean i should be sore as a bastard after the session or what? thanks for the feedback

-sean

Sumo Deadlifts are a variation where your feet are wide and outside shoulder width. The width of your grip would be shoulder width or just inside. Just pick the weight up with the bar basically scraping against your shins and thighs. The main thing to remember is keep your back as straight as possible especially in the bottom of the the lift. A regular deadlift(atleast I consider this regular lol) is where your feet are actually close together and your hand grip is outside you leg stance. You can imagine that the later one has a lot more back involvment. Where the sumo(or wide stance) deadlift takes a lot more hamstring and adductor muscles to copmlete the lift. In Short, I do the sumo deads on leg days and the regular on back days. I never do both variations in one week as this is a lot of stress on the lower back even with good form. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom