Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

power clean form.......

oso0960

so my form is probably DECENT, but when I jump i move a few inches backwards. when i try to correct it, it feels real awkward. any suggestions?

If you move a few inches backwards and still manage to rack the bar, then the bar path must not be going in a straight line, so 1 of the first things to work on would be making sure the bar goes from the floor in a straight line to the rack position.

solarclimax said:
If you move a few inches backwards and still manage to rack the bar, then the bar path must not be going in a straight line, so 1 of the first things to work on would be making sure the bar goes from the floor in a straight line to the rack position.

would the starting position affect that? i'm remembering that your shoulders should be INFRONT of the bar in the starting position and i don't think i do that.

solarclimax said:
Get a coach and or starting strength, put some vids up.

i do have starting strength and i don't trust any coaches around my area because all the ones i ran into say deadlifting is bad for the back and that you shouldn't squat below parallel because it's bad on the knees. i did take a video way before but i had no idea how to save the cell video to my computer from my email..i guess it wasn't transferable. i'll try to get some more vids though.

Try it with an broostick and your back to a wall. keep your ass, back and head rubbing against the wall and jump and land in the same spot with all points still touching. This should give you the feeling ove going straight up and down. Repeat it 1000 times. You'll figure out how to go strainght up and down after you bump your head a few times.

hard to say without a vid but probably either your shoulders arent over the bar to start with or your not keeping them there long enough, just be patient with the 1st pull, maintain the position for as long as possible and dont start the 2nd pull to soon

TomoUK said:
hard to say without a vid but probably either your shoulders arent over the bar to start with or your not keeping them there long enough, just be patient with the 1st pull, maintain the position for as long as possible and dont start the 2nd pull to soon

ok, i'm pretty sure my shoulders aren't infront of the bar because i set up as if i was going to deadlift (the bar is at my shins but my shoulders are back because i sit back more i guess?) thank you everyone

ok hell yeah yesterday was a good clean day. I made sure to keep my shoulders way infront of the bar and guess what....i didn't jump backwards lol. although on some reps i would jump back a little, i probably just need to relearn the lift. but yeah power cleans feel so damn easy/efficient now.

Top Bottom