Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

power clean form?

Trav386

is it bad that I'm hardly squatting at all when I catch the bar at the end of the lift? I have pretty powerful leg drive so the bar flies up and I dont really have to squatt to much to get under the bar. I was just wondering if thats a big deal or not...

The powerclean is done without squating to low, are you getting mixed up with the full clean ?

No, I've been doing the power clean and i know theres not to much squatting involved with them but when i power clean I catch the weight and my knees are pretty close to being straight...

I dont wanna state the obvious but add weight, and you should be catching it with knees slightly bent.

I think anywhere down to about a 45 degree angle knee bend would be classed as a power clean, IMO anyway

Can you still do a full squat clean from where you catch it? If so, then your form is fine, though a deeper knee bend is preferred. If you have to adjust AT ALL to drop into a squat, then no you need to work on form.

Top Bottom