Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Power Cage vs Power Rack

A

Advaik

is there any reason to get a power rack instead of a power cage? I like the power cage better since it has no top to it but will I be screwing myself by getting one?

A power cage and a power rack are the same thing. Are you talking about a squat rack?

TSct-550.JPG

Don't get a squat rack. My gym has several of those but no power racks. You can't adjust the pins in a squat rack, so all you can do is squat and curl :(. (possibly a few other things if the bottom part just happens to be the exact right height for you, which it isn't if you're tall at all)

Actually, Im pretty sure there is a difference Spatts. A power rack has the members across the top of it. Its completely enclosed.

8510m.jpg

A power cage only has the vertical poles with nothing across the top.

pro92560w.jpg

:)

Even if they are actually called the same thing, I think that is his question, to which my reply would be....

If you have room for a rack, get the rack (with the top members). You can do much more with them than you can a cage (open top).

Such as anything you would want to suspend the bar with a chain for and pullups/chins.

Thats my opinion.

i dont have much money but i think i got enough room for a power rack. Is this 200 dollar power rack ok? the height is about 7 feet and I am 6'3" is it too short? If so Ill have to get a power cage since my roof is only 8'

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92563.html

this one has 26' between pins the other is 33'. Is 26' enough for an olympic weight set?

the more room between the posts the better, but Im pretty sure that 26" will be fine. Heck if Spatts and her crew use that cage, Im sure its a good enough! :)

btw, the 26" is from front posts to back posts.

Top Bottom