Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

power cage or squat rack?

gonelifting

Elite Mentur
EF VIP
I`m going to be getting rid of my smith machine hopefully to make room for one of these. What difference would I expect from a cage or a rack?

I`m not sure I have the correct terminology, so I`ll explain. The cage of course is the big square thing but the "squat rack" is just 2 long uprite posts with pegs and 2 catches. Any suggestions for a home gym application? any body have these and can tell me the benefits of them?

I WANT TO START SQUATTING NOW. the smith is`nt cutting it. I wish I had the room I`d keep it AND get the new stuff. (it`s great for pullups and hanging ab work)

Without a question or a doubt you should buy a full power rack (what you called a cage) because it is the most versatile peice of equipment there is. You couldn't name a lift that couldn't be performed with one of these

Thanks IronLion, I was sortof going in that direction, but the lack of room made me question myself.

screw that, get a pec deck!.......j/k

certainly go with the power rack, what you call a "cage"

If I buy a cage will my legs get bigger, or do I have to squat too?

please say yes, please say yes

I think owning a power rack will give you an automatic 2 inches on your legs?

SQUATS ARE A GIFT, DON'T TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED BY SUBSTITUTING SOME INFERIOR EXERCISE

Top Bottom