Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PostWorkout meal/preworkout meal; finally getting serious; beginner Q's..

Needhelp

Ok... I'm finally getting serious. I quit my job [in high scool] and i'm gonna start lifting now.

I'm 170lbs, ~10-15% BF

Goal: 190-200 @ 6-8% BF

What would be a good amount of calories to aim for each day? What percent protein/carbs/fats?
What foods should I avoid? (Fruits i've heard..?)

Should I eat the same on nonworkout days as workout days?

What should my preworkout meal be? It should be an hour before i workout, right?

What would an example of a good postworkout meal be? And some good meals an hour or two after my workout?

What is a good last meal?
5-8 meals/day, every 2-3 hours?

The only relatively healthy food we have in my school is chicken nuggets, except on salad-bar day, do you think that will hinder my growth much?

Long post, yea.. I have a lot of questions, and probably a few more I forgot to ask.

When you workout what is the best for muscle growth, size--not strength, Slow or fast movements? I've heard both..

Anything else you think i should know would be great too

Thanks

damn...... there is tons of info right here for what you are looking for... you are about my stats... although i got about 5 more lbs on ya... same goals. hardest part, consistency. here is what i know, heavy compound movements, deads, squats, military press, becnh, toss in some of ur favorite excercises, but keep these in there ALL the time. training... 3-4 times a wk perhaps, intense 45 minmute session, so you might not have to quit your job. there was some dude on here dont remeber who was asking all sorts of questions regarding eating at school, dont remeber. make some peanut butter sandwiches, take some beef slices etc, dont take up much room at all. toss in some bars... bring zipllock with some propowder, bring water container, shake it up, drink. FOOD is a pain... still trying to get used to eating a lot and preparing etc, so... do a search. i bet you could spend at least 5 hrs reading writing info tonight alone if you wanted too.
Here is what i know, you have to start out sometime, somewhere. other guys were at one point where we are now. they got to where they are with HARD work. EAT EAT EAT, workout hard compound, SLEEP. it is supposed to be HARD.. if it were easy everyone would be doing it. anyways, search...

Check out "WHEN do you bulk????!!!!"..... care of B-fold

Don't worry about your bodyfat unless you want to struggle for years with slight progress. Just keep the cals and protein high.

Grow now, cut when you have to turn sideways to enter rooms.

I should cut when my bf gets over 15% thoguh, shouldn't i?

Adding 20lbs in 2 years or less shouldn't be that hard, should it?

I don't want to be a huge guy, just BIGGER.

Needhelp said:
I should cut when my bf gets over 15% thoguh, shouldn't i?

Adding 20lbs in 2 years or less shouldn't be that hard, should it?

I don't want to be a huge guy, just BIGGER.

170-190 is 20 pounds.

170 @ 15% is 148.75 pounds of lbm

to

190 @ 8% is 174.8 pounds of lbm

If I figured those correctly. So...you are planning to gain 26 pounds of pure muscle while losing 7% bodyfat?

B True

lol, you're right.

Isn't it easy to gain as a beginner and not add much BF? Couldn't I add 30lbs in 2 years and then cut for a month and get my BF down?

So how much do you suggest i eat?

30 lbs, 2 years, and a beginner.

YES...it is highly possible.

B True

B tru, I know our goals aren't similar or at least I dont think so.. but you know your stuff.

How many calories should I intake in a day? When I do cut, how many calories should I consume?

Honestly I really am not the person to talk to you about this. When you bulk you should eat as much as humanly possible. You are roughly 175 pounds so I would shoot for 250 g prot, 500 g carbs or more, and let the fat fall where it does. You need a lot of it though...

B True

Top Bottom