Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Posterior chain

wlmcrae

Question: I'm weak on posterior chain and would like to hit it hard. Should I do so by using strictly posterior chain exercises for a program, or balance with 'front' exercises as well? If balance, how many times should I do chest vs back, quad vs. hams? I checked the stickies but didn't see anything really applicable.

PS. Female!

wlmcrae said:
So, is it OK to create a workout based entirely on 'pulling' moves?

of course =]

SGT is right, all his excercises will help.

I like overhead BTN's. I feel my posteriour chain work to keep me straight.

But my deadlifts are what really help.

have you considered added frequency? i.e. pulling multiple times per week?
you can pick one basic pull per day and really push them. if you want to work your pulls for a microcycle thats fine, but dont completely ignore your pushes either.

OK, at the risk of sounding REALLY stupid, which moves count as 'pulls'? Sarge mentioned a couple above, but what are the others (eg. do chins count, etc)?

Increasing frequency makes sense - to balance out for a microcycle (say, 12 weeks) should I look at 2:1 pull to push moves?

Back to a balanced program after that of course.

frequency should de applied to all your lifts really. but to emphasize certain movements during a microcycle you can manipulate volume and tonage. meaning more and heavier work. so you dont drop your presses your just not peaking them like the pulls, comprende?

example of pulls: deadlift. rows, chins. cleans, shrugging movements, etc. and of course there are many variations of each.

there are other excercises that work the posterior chain. i dont think anyone mentioned the most obvious... squats. hyper extensions and good mornings really hammer that area too.

Top Bottom