Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post your all time favorite wrestling "jobbers"

one man gang

Hey folks, I think that I've been watching wrestling ever since I was old enough to figure out how to turn on the TV by myself. I've seen just about every league imaginable, and while it is always great to cheer on the good wrestlers, I have many fond memories of those poor "jobbers" who usually never even got out of the starting gate before getting clobbered into submission. Just wanted to list a few of my favorites here, and find out who were the favorite jobbers of the rest of you. My first fav, was "Big" Joe Merto, the guy was in decent shape, but always got creamed. Next was even bigger Rusty Brooks, can't believe they gave that guy a title shot against Hogan, the good thing about Brooks was that he always used to seem to get atleast an eye poke in before getting totally creamed. Then there was Barry Horawitz, nothing much to say here, no fan appeal at all. Barry O was another guy who never seemed to get a break (he is actually Cowbow Bob Orton's brother, for those of you who have been around wrestling as long as I have to remember him). Salvatore Bellomo was a "border line" jobber, think they billed him as the Italian Heavyweight champ or something like that. He at least would get to do a few cart wheels and land a fist out of those, so I clasify him as a "border line" jobber. And my alltime FAVORITE jobber in the world was non other than "Hailing from Puerto Rico, JOSE LUIS RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVERA!!!!!!!" This is the ONLY guy I think that I ever saw who NEVER even got one lousy punch in before getting totally destroyed in the ring. He'd always do the same thing, when they would announce his name he'd turn his back on the opponent and wave to the fans, which is when his opponent would attack him from behind and in about 10 seconds it was all over. Don't know who wrote his scripts, but if I were good old Jose Luis I would have fired him and tried somebody new, LOL. O.M.G.

The J.O.B. squad:
Al Snow
Spark Plug Holly
The Blue Meanie
Flash Funk
Gillberg

Pin me, pay me! :D

Last edited:
Gillberg, Gillberg, Gillberg.....That was some funny shit. I really miss some of the great comedy material that WWE had when they were going toe to toe with WCW. Who could forget that huge P.P.V. Geriatric Match with the fake Hulkster vs the fake Macho Man. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....The Very Capable Kenny Jay was one of the greatest jobbers ever.

does anyone even know what the hell the point of the jobbers even was. surely no sane fan could have actually enjoyed watching those guys. i remember all it used to achieve was waste time when we could have been watching some better fights. thank god that concept no longer exists.
i was a kid then so the only guy i distinctly remember was the brooklyn brawler.

silver_shadow said:
does anyone even know what the hell the point of the jobbers even was. surely no sane fan could have actually enjoyed watching those guys. i remember all it used to achieve was waste time when we could have been watching some better fights. thank god that concept no longer exists.
i was a kid then so the only guy i distinctly remember was the brooklyn brawler.
LOL, I think that the point of having those "jobbers" around was so that the "poor slobs" could make a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus I think that there was some kind of "sadistic" pleasure in watching those guys warm up in the ring, just knowing that they were gonna get totally destroyed intwo seconds. That was especially true if you hated the "jobber" in question. The Honky Tonk man had that effect on me, loved to see him get beaten to a pulp. Had to be one of the dumbest gimmicks I've ever seen in wrestling. O.M.G.

one man gang said:
LOL, I think that the point of having those "jobbers" around was so that the "poor slobs" could make a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus I think that there was some kind of "sadistic" pleasure in watching those guys warm up in the ring, just knowing that they were gonna get totally destroyed intwo seconds. That was especially true if you hated the "jobber" in question. The Honky Tonk man had that effect on me, loved to see him get beaten to a pulp. Had to be one of the dumbest gimmicks I've ever seen in wrestling. O.M.G.
I dunno, I think the Red Rooster was right up there on the stupid scale.

Top Bottom