Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post-workout meal with "cardio after weights"

HumanShell

O.K. everyone. On days that I lift weights, I tend to do my cardio after lifting, so that I have more energy to lift with. On days that I do cardio only, I wait at least an hour to eat my meal, so that I can have some time for fat burning.

My question, on days that I lift, should I have a post-workout shake right after lifting, then proceed to do my cardio? Should I lift, do cardio, then wait an hour and have a PWS? Or, should I move my cardio to before lifting, then lift, and have a PWS? My lifting is not exhaustive, I'm just trying to preserve muscle while loosing fat. I want to get the maximum fat burning going on, so I'm just looking for some opinions/fact/experience.

After typing it out and reading it, it looks like I should move my cardio before lifting, lift, then have my PW meal/shake. Thanks for any comments you have. I lift on Mon/Wed/Fri.

lift first when you have the most energy, then do cardio and immediatly after get in your postwork out meal, just keep the cardio on the short sideafter your workout.

Do your cardio directly after training, your glycogen levels will be low, and you'll be burning more fat. Then have your postworkout shake. The calories will be used more for repair, then for storage.

O.K. Since I'm doing cardio Mon-Saturday, I guess it's not really gonna hurt for me to cut back cardio on weight days to about 20 minutes, which will include my cooldown, then have my PWS. Cardio only days I'll leave how they are.

I do my events (cardio for me) after I train on most days. I do not eat...I just keep going till I am finished. Would be impossible to lift, eat, then do my events outside in the hot KY sun.

B True

is 20 minutes enough cardio though? I know my glyco is down after lifting, but regardless of that I didn't think I'd be burning much fat unless I stayed on there for at least 45 minutes. I actually shoot for an hour - 30 mins on bike and 30 on treadmill or elliptical. Then I go eat :p

Do cardio after lifting but do 20 minutes high intensity.Do you have heart rate monitor?In case of high intensity cardio you have to have one.If you dont know how to perform high intensity cardio mail me.If you wanna get ripped I will give you 30 minutes sample(only if you are fit if no stick with 20 minutes)
Good luck bro

well its very important that you eat very soon after you lift...1 hour later at most. so 20 min. cardio after weights is okay. but probably dont make it a real long cardio session.

as for the ppl who said you would burn more fat by doing cardio after weights...
well i'm not an expert on this, but i dont think this would be true. cardio after lifting would be different than cardio in the morning. after lifting, your muscle glycogen is low...so you hafta replace that with a good pw meal. but in the morning, your liver glycogen is low...making it possible to optimize fat burning w/ morning cardio. but i dunno. can anyone clarify if muscle or liver glycogen is different when losing fat??

Top Bottom