Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post workout carbs. before or after cardio??

jet

I weight train and then do my cardio immediatly following the wieghts. When should i consume my post workout carb drink? Should i do it after lifting but before cardio? I'm thinking that this will hinder fat loss during cardio because of the simple carbs from the drink will be utilized for energy.... but if i wait until after the cardio, i think i might not be getting the simple carbs soon enough.

In contest preparation i always do the cardio first thing in the morning (YES BEFORE BREAKFAST!!!)For me it works best!!If you don't have that possibility, you should do it immediately after work out and wait with the carbs untill your cardio is finished.
Good Burning !!
STEVE

Within 30 to 60 minutes after. Along with plenty of protein, fish, egg whites (if workout is in the morning), chicken, or a good protein shake for a meal replacement. Make sure you get most of your nutrients (carbs/protein, etc.) from food if you can but if you don't have time then a good protein shake after you have completed both your weight and cardio work out.

[This message has been edited by Kryp2o (edited April 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kryp2o (edited April 16, 2001).]

Top Bottom