Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post work out meal

juned Khan

guys I need some tips and what would be a kick ass meal after work out, including my protein shake, something that doesn't make me gain weight, thank you.

Once again you need to be aware of the total calorific intake for a day idea. If you need 3000 calories a day to function and maintain then this 'kick ass' meal AND a shake need to be included in that total for you to not gain weight.

It's more or less basic maths.

you don't need to run and drink a protein shake or a meal after a workout. this is bro science

if you are trying to cut limit your meals and how much you eat. don't worry about the BS you read that you have to eat a huge meal post workout

If you are cutting, it would actually be best not to use a protein shake after your workout and eat solid food instead since solid food is much more satiating then drinking your calories.

Post workout you are depleted of glycogen and amino acids from the strenuous workout you just performed. You want to eat a meal that is high in protein, high in quality carbs and low in fat. Adding in a good source of anti-oxidants is a really good idea to reduce the inflammation from your workout.

Something like
- lean fish or poultry for protein
- brown rice or a sweet potato for carbs
- broccoli or celery for fiber/antioxidants

If you are pounding a shake after training and trying to cut just don't have anything else.

I would rather see you ditch the shake though and just go home and make a balanced meal. Have some lean protein like chicken or fish with some veggies.

Top Bottom