Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A post many could benefit from

Are you referring to the HIT program??

i question the efficacy of always training to failure

i tried HIT for a while, and sure it worked for a little while, but i've been making the best progress of my life w/a 5x5 program and i rarely ever do a set to failure

5x5 is pretty HIT too, considering the first 2-3 sets are warmups.

I don't count warmups in the # of sets, so since you're doing 2-3 sets with major exercises that's pretty close to HIT anyway.

bump. I wouldnt mind hearing some input on this program or HIT in general. Opinions regarding HIT seem to be a love/hate relationship. It is interesting how some can absolutely swear by the program, and others truly despise it. :confused:

everyone who I know that despises it, did not do it correctly. Or they gave it 1 or 2 weeks and when they didn't become giants, they completely discounted it.

I thought it was okay, but going all out on 2 sets is very tough if you don't warmup enough and sometimes i don't have the luxury of a good spotter who can push you to your limits.... It is pretty good for size but I feel it lacks on explosive power and speed

Why would you need explosive speed if you're just a bodybuilder?

DrBones said:
5x5 is supposed to be the same weight for all sets

Interesting. I've been trying to drop set on these since I tend to fail around 2 reps on the 3rd or 4th set.

Speaking of drop sets, anybody have an opinion on whether drop or pyramid sets really do any good? Especially for building str and mass? I tend to drop set a lot on barbell curls, doing 3 sets of 3 to start then 2 sets of 5 with a slightly lower weight. I've also tried the 1 to 10's starting heavy and dropping down while increasing reps. I'm not sure this does any different than what you're saying on 5x5.

Top Bottom