Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post Deadlift pain

ndto

Hey guys/girls

I did my first dead lifts 2 days ago but im experiencing a lot of middle back pain now.

Before I did them I did all my research and watched some clips on proper form, I think I did everything right but I caught myself looking down on a couple reps.

I was doing a 45 on each side and I felt fine for the first 10 reps, the second set I added a 25 to each side and did 8 reps, for my third set I did the same as the second.

The pain is actually the worst ive felt post workout, the pain is half way down my back on either side of the spine, I think its the lats?

Should I be concerned or is it normal because I have never done this type of lift before,

Thanks in advance

If it's in the lat area chances are you gave the lats a workout they never had before. You have proably shocked the shit out of them and have heavy acid build up now it should subsiude in a day or two. You have never really trained them as hard as you thought you will. Deads build big thick lats.

Just ensure your form is perfect.

"I caught myself looking down on a couple reps."

causing your back to round. always look up & you should be able to see the front of your shirt in the mirror.

in the meantime- take some ibuprofin (pain reliver) & celebrex (anti-inflammatory).

Thanks guys,

woke up today the pain is less but not totally gone,

i guess its just that i havnt done them before,

I just happened to see this thread so I figured I'll post this here instead of the medical forum. Today I woke up with a stiff back. (of course it occurs on back day) I stretched it out as best I could, thinking that it was from sleeping wrong. At the gym I run a 5x5. The first 4 sets of DLs went up with no problem. On my last set at 250lbs, I had no problem with the 1st 2 reps. On the 3rd rep, I felt my lower back instantly tighten. I put the weight down and my back stiffened like hell. It doesn't really hurt as much as just feeling tight. Do you guys think it's an injury or just a knot?

You were leaning forward (looking down) and you pulled a muscle. dont worry the pain will break you of the habit. When i am doing deadlifts right and i am going to fail i drop it before i arch..saves alot of pain.

Top Bottom