Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post Cardio Nutrition

Dr. E

I completed a bulking phase about 2 weeks ago, and now I am on a cutting phase for 8 weeks (or until I get the results I am looking for).

I have been getting up at 5:30, Monday to Friday and doing between 30 - 40 minutes of cardio (depending on my patience, and always on an empty stomach).

I eat six medium size meals a day with a limited amount of carbs. In fact my main source of carbs comes from my first meal which is usually half a bowl of Soy Granola mixed with about a 1/3 cup of dry oats, and each meal after that usually contains a slice of oat bread to add taste to the chicken or ham that I am eating. I am also getting a good amount of flax seed oil, and my other fats come from cheese usually.

My biggest concern is that I am really screwing my results up from my post cardio nutrition. After I finish my cardio at the gym, I shave, shower and get changed (takes about 25 - 30 minutes or so). Then I go straight to work (I have to travel about 30 minutes on a bus to get there). After I get to work I slam a protein shake (Whey + milk) to get something into my system, and then eat the granola/oats like I talked about before.

How much, if any, of my lean muscle might be depleted by waiting so long to get food into my system, and what is the optimum post cardio nutrition (ie. a protein shake as soon as I finish . . . . )?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

hey, dont worry about it.
60 minutes (recommended) even 90 (pushing it a bit but still accepted) is usually the norm.

Just be sure you eat something like
10 egg whites
1 whole wheat toast.

Protein and carbs
Peace

I agree with Blood. You should be ok dude. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just make sure that you get that protein shake when you get to work.

I agree with the other two, but is there any reason why you can't bringhte protein with you and drink if after you finish the cardio? That's probably the best idea. It only take a minute to make and 30sec's to drink.

But you shouldn't have any problems waiting 60 minutes.

Top Bottom