Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

possible shoulder injury

Blue Star

Hi folks,

My right shoulder seems to be a lot more strained/Stiff than the left one which feels a whole lot looser and free in terms of movement.

I've started training this week, the exercises i've been doing in terms of shoulder muscles have been Dumbell raises, Shoulder press, Seated Chin ups, Bench press, press ups.

My PT said that it's probably due to overcompensation.

I second the stretching. If you're new to training, and the right is your dominant side, overcompensation may be the issue, it should resolve itself within a couple of weeks, as it usually does and is fairly common with new trainees. I know you said you have a PT, but that doesn't guarantee they know how to bench, make sure you tuck the elbows into your lats on the descent, flaring the elbows is murder on the shoulders.

I do a warm up run for 5 minutes, and some warm up exercises. Not that much stretching before. The PT is quite good, former rugby pro and seems to know what he's doing.

Because it's only 45 mins per session, he probably skips through stretches.

running has nothing to do with you shoulder joints besides maybe some arm swing.

wow... thanks BiggT... yeah i forgot Tucking elbows, he and EF saved my rotators by reinforcing that one! I had major rotator issues before streching and checking my form on bench.

Rugby pro = good at rugby... doesn't mean he's a great PT. And ALL PT's good or bad... have to be confident in what they're teaching, that's their job :coffee:
... just something to think about.

You should definetly do some streching on your own after... and During inbetween sets.

actually folks, I think the injury or the discomfort starts at the area of the top of the armpit (where the arm connects to the shoulder joint). It's not actually shoulder. It's around that area encompassing my traps.

Blue Star said:
actually folks, I think the injury or the discomfort starts at the area of the top of the armpit (where the arm connects to the shoulder joint). It's not actually shoulder. It's around that area encompassing my traps.
you should see a doctor if you want proper diagnosis.

Top Bottom